I downloaded the latest drivers 45.23 but
I don't know what settings to choose in order to have
the best performance...
Thanks...

GeneticWeapon

Splendid
Jan 13, 2003
Dont listen to twofruitz, he's a moron.
If you want to have the best performance, it will sacrifice some of the visual quality from your games. But seeing how your card is kinda old, you probably need to get the most performance you can out of it.
In your Nvidia control panel, there is a sction that says "performance and quality"...you need to move all three of the sliders in this catagory to the left, so that image settings are turned to high performance, antialiasing is turned to off, and anisotropic filtering is turned to off also.
Next, open up the Direct3D settings and turn your mipmap detail level to best performance. So far the settings we've made will add a humongous speed boost to your card.
Under the Direct3D settings ther is a section called more Direct3D, in there you need to turn your verticle sync to "always off"
Next, under you OpenGL section, you need to turn vertical sync to "always off" also.
Do you overclock your card? do you know how?...let me know if you need help with that too, or if something I told you to do, you dont understand, speak up, and I'll explain it.
Good luck.

<b>I help because you suck</b>

ilis

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2003
Thanks...
The performance is better now.
I have same questions about what antialiasing and anisitropic filtering doing
(As you can guess I love learning...)
No I don't know how to overclock my card but I can guess that overclocking will icrease my card's performance.
But the temperature will increase too.
And temperature will decrease my card's life...
This means that I might need a VGA cooler?
But who cares?
Tell me how to overclock my card...
Can you tell me if I want to upgrate what graphic card to buy?
My System:
CPU: P4 1.7 Ghz
M/B: Legend QDI Platinix 2
VGA: GeForce 2 MX 100/200 64MB
SB: Creative SoundBlaster live! 5.1
RAM: 256 SDRAM

ilis

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2003
Is Ti4200 a DirextX9 compatible card?
What about a better card like 4800Ti of even better
FX 5900FX or the best: ATI9800
Could my system afford them?

GeneticWeapon

Splendid
Jan 13, 2003
Tell me how to overclock my card...
Download coolbits <A HREF="http://www.cybertechhelp.com/download.php?CoolBits.zip" target="_new">http://www.cybertechhelp.com/download.php?CoolBits.zip</A> open the file(no need to even unzip it) and double click on the coolbits.reg icon. A window will pop up that says "are you sure you want to add coolbits to your registry?" click yes, then it will confirm that coolbits was successfully entered into your registry.
Now, go back into your Nvidia control panel and there will be a section called "clock frequencies" you need to put a check in the box that says "allow clock frequency adjustmants" after you do that, a window will pop up telling you to reboot. After you reboot, go back into your Nvidia control panel, back into the "clock frequency" section, and you'll see your cards factory clock speed now displayed there. You are going to slowly push your core and memory speeds up, and play games/benchmark in between, untill your system locks up, or your see artifacts on your screen. I would go up about five Mhz at a time untill you find a speed that you like. It wont hurt your card to lock it up a few times:)
Make sure that you put a check in the box that says "apply clock settings at startup" otherwise your old clock speeds will be set every time you reboot your machine.
Have fun.

<b>I help because you suck</b>

Fallen

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2002
HEY! I loved my GF2 *sheds tear*. Your card only supports 4x Antialaising (cleans up edges of polygons) and (maybe) 2x Anistropic filtering (cleans up the look of the textures. If you are looking to upgrade, you might look at a 9500Pro/9600Pro. I just put the 9500Pro in my secondary computer, and it performs admirably.

TKS

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2003
GW...u suck...just thought I'd let you know.

And yes I am jealous :tongue:

----------
<b>I'm not normally a religious man, but if you're up there, save me, Superman! </b> <i>Homer Simpson</i>

crobb100

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2003
I DL'd Coolbits, installed into the registry but have no such tab for clock frequencies on my control panel.

I am running Catalyst 3.8

??

CoolerMaster ATCS Al case
Asus P4PE 533 mhz
Pentium 4 2.53 GHz
1 GB OCZ PC2700
120 GB Maxtor 7200 RPM
Gainward GF 4 Ti 4200 128 mb

speeduk

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2003
lol

My system spec: Fast PC<A HREF="http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k1=7000747" target="_new"> 3D-2001 </A>
"It's not the spoon that bends, it's only yourself."

TKS

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2003
ya know...the sucking part :tongue: Where's squirtle when you need him?

----------
<b>Got any of that beer that has candy floating in it? You know, Skittlebrau? </b> <i>Homer Simpson</i>

TKS

crobb100

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2003
GeneticWeapon-lol, no, I did not load Catalyst onto my Ti 4200. I didn't update my sys specs after installing the 9800 Pro.

I went and DL'd Rage3D Tweak, which shows me my timing settings fine. Coolbits installed the correct entries in myregistry, but no tab on the video windows. ??

Whatever-the other works.

(Signature updated)

CoolerMaster ATCS Al case
Asus P4PE 533 mhz
Pentium 4 2.53 GHz
1 GB OCZ PC2700
120 GB Maxtor 7200 RPM
Sapphire Radeon 9800 Pro 128 mb