Question Setup for 6 monitors and some gaming....

Aug 6, 2022
Hi everyone,
I need some help to upgrade a desktop setup.
I currently have:
  • VisionTek 900614 AMD Radeon HD 7750 2 GB card to run the 6 monitors in full HD @ 60fps
  • cpu intel core i3-10100F (planning to upgrade to i9-11900KF)
  • mobo MSI Mpg Z590 Gaming Force
  • Adata Xpg D60G 16GB x2.
Lately i started looking for videogames and i downloaded stuff but the graphic card obviously can't handle that.
I would like to play on 1 monitor only while keeping other programs open on the other screens.
Is sli/crossfire a good choice to do so?
I don't need extraordinary performance, full HD @ 60 fps will be ok. games i like are fall guys, sackboy....
Thanks in advance

SLI/crossfire is pretty pointless. Just make sure your gaming monitors is plugged into your gaming GPU and set as the main monitor in Windows. The other monitors can plug into either GPU. Other monitors in your gaming GPU won’t really have much effect on gaming performance If they’re just showing basic desktop apps. Your second GPU can just be a basic low performance GPU. Life will be easier if both are nVidia or AMD rather than mixing AMD and nVidia.

Aug 6, 2022
thank you very much for your reply!
so you're telling me that crossfire/sli isn't essential to run multiple GPUs?
and what amd card you suggest me to get? budget around $400

thank you very much for your reply!
so you're telling me that crossfire/sli isn't essential to run multiple GPUs?
and what amd card you suggest me to get? budget around $400

You’re welcome!

That’s right. Crossfire and SLI is just a niche use case with matching cards. They can just be used independently. Which is what most people do with multiple GPU.

The best card you can find for your budget is the Radeon RX 6700XT. It’s a good card and what I’m using.

i got a Radeon RX 6600 XT Challenger D for a good price.
My PSU is an Aresgame 500W AGV500, I think I will need to upgrade that too

Probably, the recommended PSU is at least 550W. I have no idea what the build quality is of the Aresgame PSU. As it's a budget PSU. I probably wouldn't risk it. I'd need to know what your budget is, country and preferred website for a PSU recommendation.

The i9-11900KF is a hot and power hungry CPU so it will need good cooling. There's very little difference between the i7 11700K and i9 11900K so I would also consider the former. If you are intending to upgrade then I would probably look to spend more than $100 and wouldn't get one less than 650W. A Corsair RM750 for 113 euros wouldn't be a bad option:
https://www.amazon.it/Corsair-Alime...d=1670932924&sprefix=corsair+RM,aps,86&sr=8-1

A rough guide on PSU quality:

Aug 6, 2022
Since I like leds I will get a Thermaltake Toughpower GF2 ARGB 850W and i7 is going to be enough.
Last but not least.... in the future water cooling will be needed. Any advice on which brand/tips to build a custom cooling system?

Latest posts