setup is inspecting your computer's hardware configuration

liyaji

Reputable
Dec 30, 2014
Hello i found some old motherboard that was originaly sealed and not opened with gpu also, so i made it into whole pc
MB: Gigabyte K8 Triton
CPU: AMD athlon 64
GPU: ATI Radeon 9600 avantage
DDR400: 1 gig.
Bios: Ami Bios 3.31a

THE PROBLEM IS- First i tryed to instal win xp from USB but it didn't work i found that old amibios dont support booting from USB so i bought some cable to add CD/DVD rom, set booting from it, put CD in with win xp but... i got stuck on => SETUP IS INSPECTING YOUR COMPUTER'S HARDWARE CONFIGURATION
and nothing happened... after browsing some websites i tryed to formate that HDD on other pc but it didnt helped... so i switched to some other HDD but that also didnt help

I will appreciative any help.

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
is the hdd sata by any chance? win xp hates installing on sata drives and usually needs you to add drivers for it. this is just my guess but it has been a while since i installed xp so don't recall whether it is before or after this step that you can add the needed drivers.

liyaji

Reputable
Dec 30, 2014
Thank you for replying. I tryed sata and ultra ata both of them none of them worked... I will try to install some drivers on that sata hdd tomorrow, but i'm affraid that it wont help it.

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
i can't think of any reason for it to hang like that. can you try a different xp disk to see if there is some flaw in the one you're using?

can you tell i'm guessing here :) i see no reason other than the sata issue for it to not want to install. it boots up and reads the cd so you know the ram and such is good and i can't think of anything else. :(

i'll keep my head turning and if i come up with anything i'll come back and post. wish i was some actual help.

liyaji

Reputable
Dec 30, 2014
Actually the disk is fine i used also two different disks and both of them same problem. I'll try to ask some of my IT friends about it if they don't know what to do with that
I really appreciative your reply, i will surely write here some more details if i or some of my friends find any solution.