Setup is stuck in a loop and something went wrong errors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yudhbir Singh

Reputable
Dec 29, 2014
I'm installing windows 10 from a usb to a new pc and so far the setup process has been a pain. The basics part of the setup had errors saying "ooberegion" or "oobezdp". I skipped those and got stuck in a "just a moment" screen. If I restart and get lucky enough to get past that, the network tab does the same thing.

Getting to the accounts tab, if I even could do so again, I type in the username, password, and security questions and still get a "Something went wrong" error. I have no clue to what's going on but it's very frustrating. Any help is appreciated.

Aug 28, 2018
The error is as a result of the USB that you have unplugged. Just reinsert the USB that you used in installing OS, wait a few minutes and click try again...you will be good

Jan 8, 2019
I had the same issue and managed a work around. When it gets stuck with the oobe error (any) do a shift f10. Bring up cmd, enable the administrator account, change password. And while your at it create a new user and password and add to appropriate groups. Then cd to %windir% system32 oobe. Type msoobe.exe (wait some time around 15 minutes. if it does not continue turn off by holding down power switch) start it back up and it will either login into the netuser0 account or administrator. Wait for setup of the account (if it tries to go through the oobe setup again then you did not wait long enough.) Power cycle as needed.

Mar 12, 2019
I had the same issue and managed a work around. When it gets stuck with the oobe error (any) do a shift f10. Bring up cmd, enable the administrator account, change password. And while your at it create a new user and password and add to appropriate groups. Then cd to %windir% system32 oobe. Type msoobe.exe (wait some time around 15 minutes. if it does not continue turn off by holding down power switch) start it back up and it will either login into the netuser0 account or administrator. Wait for setup of the account (if it tries to go through the oobe setup again then you did not wait long enough.) Power cycle as needed.
Thanks! Worked like a dream! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS