mark

1HI! 1ST TIMER

UPON SETUP OF WINDOWS XPHOME THERE IS NO COUNTRY OR REGION INFORMATION IN
THE DROP DOWN WINDOW IN THE PHONE AND MODEM SETUP.
ALL I GET WHEN WINDOW POPS DOWN IS A BLANK WINDOW.

HOPE SOMEONE CAN HELP

On Thu, 15 Sep 2005 08:30:07 -0700, "MARK"
<MARK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>1HI! 1ST TIMER
>
>UPON SETUP OF WINDOWS XPHOME THERE IS NO COUNTRY OR REGION INFORMATION IN
>THE DROP DOWN WINDOW IN THE PHONE AND MODEM SETUP.
>ALL I GET WHEN WINDOW POPS DOWN IS A BLANK WINDOW.
>
>HOPE SOMEONE CAN HELP

First you need to do this:

1. Pry the Caps Lock key off your keyboard.
2. Place key on concrete surface.
3. Use hammer to beat the key to a find powder.

Once you've don that, come back and post again in a more civilized
fashion. All caps is hard to read and is considered shouting, which
is rude.

FYI, I didn't get past the second word as my eyes started to hurt.

mark

I'm sorry you don't know either. Maybe we can find someone who does.
(I was at work and all work is done in caps and I overlooked it....)

"NobodyMan" wrote:

> On Thu, 15 Sep 2005 08:30:07 -0700, "MARK"
> <MARK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >1HI! 1ST TIMER
> >
> >UPON SETUP OF WINDOWS XPHOME THERE IS NO COUNTRY OR REGION INFORMATION IN
> >THE DROP DOWN WINDOW IN THE PHONE AND MODEM SETUP.
> >ALL I GET WHEN WINDOW POPS DOWN IS A BLANK WINDOW.
> >
> >HOPE SOMEONE CAN HELP
>
> First you need to do this:
>
> 1. Pry the Caps Lock key off your keyboard.
> 2. Place key on concrete surface.
> 3. Use hammer to beat the key to a find powder.
>
> Once you've don that, come back and post again in a more civilized
> fashion. All caps is hard to read and is considered shouting, which
> is rude.
>
> FYI, I didn't get past the second word as my eyes started to hurt.

Malke

MARK wrote:

>> On Thu, 15 Sep 2005 08:30:07 -0700, "MARK"
>> <MARK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>>
>> >1HI! 1ST TIMER
>> >
>> >UPON SETUP OF WINDOWS XPHOME THERE IS NO COUNTRY OR REGION
>> >INFORMATION IN
>> >THE DROP DOWN WINDOW IN THE PHONE AND MODEM SETUP.
>> >ALL I GET WHEN WINDOW POPS DOWN IS A BLANK WINDOW.
>> >
>> >HOPE SOMEONE CAN HELP

Mark - Is this a new install or a new modem? I'm going to guess new
install since you say "setup of...". Try installing the latest drivers
for your modem.

Never get drivers from Windows Update. Get them from:

1. The card mftr.'s website; OR
2. The motherboard mftr.'s website if onboard video; OR
3. The OEM's website for your specific machine if you have an OEM
computer (HP, Dell, Sony, etc.).

Read the installation instructions on the website where you get the
drivers.

If you are unsure what modem hardware you have, use a system inventory
program like the free Everest Home from:

http://www.lavalys.com/index.php?page=product&view=1

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com

On Thu, 15 Sep 2005 22:24:03 -0700, "MARK"
<MARK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>"NobodyMan" wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 15 Sep 2005 08:30:07 -0700, "MARK"
>> <MARK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>>
>> >1HI! 1ST TIMER
>> >
>> >UPON SETUP OF WINDOWS XPHOME THERE IS NO COUNTRY OR REGION INFORMATION IN
>> >THE DROP DOWN WINDOW IN THE PHONE AND MODEM SETUP.
>> >ALL I GET WHEN WINDOW POPS DOWN IS A BLANK WINDOW.
>> >
>> >HOPE SOMEONE CAN HELP
>>
>> First you need to do this:
>>
>> 1. Pry the Caps Lock key off your keyboard.
>> 2. Place key on concrete surface.
>> 3. Use hammer to beat the key to a find powder.
>>
>> Once you've don that, come back and post again in a more civilized
>> fashion. All caps is hard to read and is considered shouting, which
>> is rude.
>>
>> FYI, I didn't get past the second word as my eyes started to hurt.
>>

>I'm sorry you don't know either. Maybe we can find someone who does.
>(I was at work and all work is done in caps and I overlooked it....)

Maybe I do know tha answer - but until it is reposted civilly I'm not
even reading the question.

Oh, and I could never be tired enough that my mind, and especially my
eyes, could not notice I was typing and all Caps were appearing.

mark

Hi
It's been that way since I installed xp home w/sp2.
Tried 3 different modems (bought new v.92- same window)
Downloaded new drivers everytime. 2 modems were Creative ( 1 new)
the other my old faithful zoom. Thank you.

Mark

"Malke" wrote:

> MARK wrote:

> Mark - Is this a new install or a new modem? I'm going to guess new
> install since you say "setup of...". Try installing the latest drivers
> for your modem.
>
> Never get drivers from Windows Update. Get them from:
>
> 1. The card mftr.'s website; OR
> 2. The motherboard mftr.'s website if onboard video; OR
> 3. The OEM's website for your specific machine if you have an OEM
> computer (HP, Dell, Sony, etc.).
>
> Read the installation instructions on the website where you get the
> drivers.
>
> If you are unsure what modem hardware you have, use a system inventory
> program like the free Everest Home from:
>
> http://www.lavalys.com/index.php?page=product&view=1
>
> Malke
> --
> Elephant Boy Computers
> www.elephantboycomputers.com
> "Don't Panic!"
> MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User

Malke

MARK wrote:

> Hi
> It's been that way since I installed xp home w/sp2.
> Tried 3 different modems (bought new v.92- same window)
> Downloaded new drivers everytime. 2 modems were Creative ( 1 new)
> the other my old faithful zoom. Thank you.
>
> Mark

I found this MS Knowledge Base article. Even though it refers to Service
Pack 1, it may apply to Service Pack 2. In any case, it is worth a
look:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/329441/

Malke