[SOLVED] Setup my airflow

dradu20

Honorable
Sep 16, 2017
Hello everyone!Right now I have a zalman z11 case.
https://www.google.com/search?q=zal...ECAwQAw&biw=1422&bih=678#imgrc=lwZhxZb00HKxRM
I didn't build it myself,it's an old build,but I saw that the back fans(back and up) are outwards,and I have only the 80mm in front pulling air in(don't think the man that build it put the 120mm in front or he removed it).I'm getting a NH-U12A for cpu and I think I have to change the airflow.
So should I let them be or should I modify the 120mm fans,or buy a new fan and add it?
Also how should I set up the cpu cooler(I know that the fans come facing each other).

Solution
both fans face the same direction so that they pull air from the front and out the rear.

The front fan is pulling in case air from the front and into the fins. The rear fan is pulling in air from the fins and pushing it towards the rear for a nice smooth flow thru the fins of the cooler.

Yes that should have came with a front 120mm fan, just add one if you have a free fan header on your motherboard. Your rear and top rear fans should be blowing outwards.

popatim

Titan
both fans face the same direction so that they pull air from the front and out the rear.

The front fan is pulling in case air from the front and into the fins. The rear fan is pulling in air from the fins and pushing it towards the rear for a nice smooth flow thru the fins of the cooler.

Yes that should have came with a front 120mm fan, just add one if you have a free fan header on your motherboard. Your rear and top rear fans should be blowing outwards.

Solution