I have a copy of XP Home and Professional. They have both worked in the past
and the pro version is on my mums computer at the moment, and Home was on my
computer with the same hardware as now.
But when i try to install etiher version it freezes at the blue setup screen
after loading all the drivers. All the status bar says is "Windows is
starting" (or something like that)
Ive tried installing it from my windows 98 to make a dual boot, installing
it on a clean HD and changing my hard drive but the same problems happen on
both versions of XP.
I have no idea what is wrong and any help is cool with me!

Paul

"nikomax" <nikomax@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a copy of XP Home and Professional. They have both worked in the
>past
> and the pro version is on my mums computer at the moment, and Home was on
> my
> computer with the same hardware as now.
> But when i try to install etiher version it freezes at the blue setup
> screen
> after loading all the drivers. All the status bar says is "Windows is
> starting" (or something like that)
> Ive tried installing it from my windows 98 to make a dual boot, installing
> it on a clean HD and changing my hard drive but the same problems happen
> on
> both versions of XP.
> I have no idea what is wrong and any help is cool with me!
>
> Paul

This usually indicates a hardware problem. See if this link helps:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;828267

Bobby