Seven Forums Rant!

Status
Not open for further replies.

passion4tech

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2014
SevenForums.com is absolutely ridiculous. I am spreading the word, I do not recommend people join seven forums the moderators deleted my thread for stupid reason. I really thought I was helping by telling people about useful program tweaking.com windows repair program. Some bs rule that you can't promote whatever. I'm not promoting anything I'm not getting paid I'm just recommending people a program that helped me and then I tried posting thread again and the mods gave me a warning of ban. I did not give a crap I was so ticked off I posted nasty vulgar stuff to say the least. The moderators are unbelievable now I'm almost afraid to help people on forums now. I thought it was a great thing to do but really it was not :(

:pfff: Promoting: further the progress of (something, especially a cause, venture, or aim); support or actively encourage. AND advance or raise (someone) to a higher position or rank. :ouch:

Did you do this? From your statement you posted here you did. While this may have been handled better by both party's It is probably best that a cooler head prevail while here on Tom's. :D

Wolfshadw

Titan
If you created a thread which basically advertises this program, then yes. The moderators could consider that as promotion and depending on the terms of use, could delete the post as such. If you started a thread promoting the software package here at Tom's it would definitely be removed.If you posted the link in response to an issue in a thread, that probably would have been ok (as long as you have no affiliation with it).

If you responded to moderation with vulgarity (especially to a moderator) that almost certainly will get you banned (most likely here as well). Your best course of action is to keep a calm head and ask questions if you're not sure why action was taken against any post you entered.

-Wolf sends

Same crew runs W7, 8, 10 and recently defunct PcHelp forum. Every forum posts rules and we are all required to read and follow them. Large forums like that and this one need a lot of work to moderate, it ain't easy. I had my hand in moderating few forums but gave up when I started to have notion to be able to find myself face to face with some posters.
Never again.

Status
Not open for further replies.