Seven Injured in Explosion At Intel's Arizona Plant

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

djsting

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2009
[citation][nom]Mario75[/nom]power?what power?from amd cpu's?oh..you talking about amd cpu's TDP..yep,i guess you right,since amd cpu's ages behind Intel's..well,at least Intel knows that BOBdozzer wont reach even 4ghz on air,since they simply burning xDand Intels 4core still beat crap of amd 8core - amd cpu's must be burning from shame xDQuality (Intel) over quantity (amd) any day.Oh,and dont forget about amd promises and delays LOL And amd still talking,delayed 4 times..and i see 5th coming,what can you expect from such "company" like amd? xD[/citation]

[citation][nom]mayne92[/nom]My IQ dropped trying to read this...[/citation]

^this...well it's more like permanent brain damage. wow

someguynamedmatt

Distinguished
[citation][nom]Mario75[/nom]power?what power?from amd cpu's?oh..you talking about amd cpu's TDP..yep,i guess you right,since amd cpu's ages behind Intel's..well,at least Intel knows that BOBdozzer wont reach even 4ghz on air,since they simply burning xDand Intels 4core still beat crap of amd 8core - amd cpu's must be burning from shame xDQuality (Intel) over quantity (amd) any day.Oh,and dont forget about amd promises and delays LOL And amd still talking,delayed 4 times..and i see 5th coming,what can you expect from such "company" like amd? xD[/citation]
Because you've obviously seen, used, benchmarked, and have a lot of experience with Bulldozer processors. And because Intel's processors are never delayed. Huh. Oh, I guess you're right... my Phenom II isn't idling at 4Ghz or anything right now, is it? I guess I shouldn't doubt someone who can time travel into an alternate reality...

I'd classify that as more of a never ending brain hemorrhage than just a drop in IQ...

f-14

Distinguished
a spokesperson that says the site of the fire was under construction at the time.

must have been illegal immigrants who don't follow osha codes when using welding equipment.
i'm kidding, most construction workers i know are smokers, if one 'needed' a smoke break any where inside that factory it was bound to happen.
only an outside person or an intel new hire would make such a rookie mistake knowing/not knowing all the explosive chemicals in that plant.
yes a stupid comment by a stupid person but what are the chances i am right with this being arizona and in a national (world wide)depression where every corporation is trying to do everything they can to cut costs even if it means cutting corners. i'd say it's a 50/50 coin toss.

scuba dave

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2009
Intel fails = Horrible news.. But.. It's cool.. Bad things happen from time to time. :,(
Foxconn fails: Boycott Apple! Boycott Foxconn! Boycott large iPod Touches! Down with Crapple and Steve "Rim" Jobs!

It's amusing.. And a fact. Personally, I love the boycott foxconn part the most.. as foxconn parts are almost literally inside every electronic item made today. Boycotting them in today's day and age would almost send us into a mini stone-age, lol.

G

Yeah, this is definitely a lie. Petroleum based solvents aren't explosive. Flammable when thinly spread out with a huge amount of available oxygen, yes. Explosive at atmospheric temperature, pressure and oxygen levels, no.

alextheblue

Distinguished
[citation][nom]maxiim[/nom]Wow, I live a couple miles from there, haven't heard a thing about it locally haha, low level of nerds here I guess.[/citation]Yeah, low level nerds don't get much attention. You've got to be at least level 8 to be taken seriously these days.

jfby

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2010
Manufacturing of most products can be very dangerous; even grain processing can be extremely deadly due to the risk of dust contamination igniting.

I'm glad no one was killed and hopefully Intel can implement some new safety protocalls from this incident.

Keytask

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2011
Accidents happen, but seriously why were are those explosive solvents in one room? Did someone light a cigarette...

Status
Not open for further replies.