tripl_b

Commendable
Apr 20, 2016
I've had several BSODs with the following errors:

-Memory_Management
-PFN_LIST_CORRUPT
-PAGE_FAULT_IN)NONPAGED_AREA
-BAD_POOL_HEADER

The most common is probably the memory_management error with the PFN_list_corrupt the second most common. I get these almost exclusively when gaming. I ran memtest for almost 10 hours with no errors. My setup is a:

- i5 2500k
-ASRock Z68 Pro3
-EVGA GTX950

Any ideas what it could be?

I was getting PFN list corrupt for a while. I was having other strange symptoms too, like being unable to pull up the calendar or the start menu too though. I ended up reinstalling W10 and that took care of it. I'm not sure about the other error codes though

tripl_b

Commendable
Apr 20, 2016
I've tried running memtest several times and haven't received any errors. I've also run the Windows diagnostic tool which also didn't return any errors. I'm fairly certain that I have the most up-to-date BIOS firmware as well. I'm getting a lot of crashes due to ntoskrnl.exe which I think indicates it's a RAM based issue but is there any way to confirm it's one of the RAM sticks?

tripl_b

Commendable
Apr 20, 2016
I've tried updating my drivers and it seems to help prevent BSOD but I'm still getting them. I recently had a BSOD and got the minidump file. What's the best way for me to upload the dump file to view it for help?

Besides Windows memory diagnostics, what other memory tests did you run?

As you say, there are a lot of different error codes. Usually indicating hardware related problems.

A suggestion, cleanup your Windows partition.
The Windows partition needs 10-15% free space or 25GB, whichever is more, for maintenance mainly.

tripl_b

Commendable
Apr 20, 2016

I ran memtest several times and never returned an error. By hardware are you referring to RAM or do you think it could be CPU or mobo?

tripl_b

Commendable
Apr 20, 2016

I ran the default memtest test overnight a few times with no errors.

I finally decided to pull my video card to see if that was the issue and now am getting 2 new BSODs (virtuwddm.sys and another related to onboard graphics) and they're happening much more often. I get the feeling that the onboard graphics is going bad.