Question Several issues with new PC build

May 13, 2020
I just upgraded and built a brand new pc, but I’m having troubles with my dual monitors. My primary monitor is a 144hz 1ms monitor, and my secondary is a 1ms 60hz monitor. My primary monitor is set as my main display, however my secondary monitor boots up with all of my application icons, and looks way cleaner visually all around. On top of that, I’m getting massive input lag on my primary monitor while playing games, as if it’s acting like it’s my secondary monitor. This is occurring even with Freesync enabled and 200+ FPS. Also, My input lag completely goes away when I turn off the second monitor

The second issue I’m having is with my GPU. It’s running at around 50% utilization in valorant with 200 fps, but I’m getting massive frame drops when peeking a full bomb site. If it’s gonna drop frames, why wouldn’t it utilize the remaining 50% of its power to stop that from happening?

Neither of these issues occurred on my old gaming laptop with a 1060 and i7-8750h

New Specs:
5700xt
Ryzen 5 3600
16gb ddr4 3466 RAM

I just upgraded and built a brand new pc, but I’m having troubles with my dual monitors. My primary monitor is a 144hz 1ms monitor, and my secondary is a 1ms 60hz monitor. My primary monitor is set as my main display, however my secondary monitor boots up with all of my application icons, and looks way cleaner visually all around. On top of that, I’m getting massive input lag on my primary monitor while playing games, as if it’s acting like it’s my secondary monitor. This is occurring even with Freesync enabled and 200+ FPS. Also, My input lag completely goes away when I turn off the second monitor

The second issue I’m having is with my GPU. It’s running at around 50% utilization in valorant with 200 fps, but I’m getting massive frame drops when peeking a full bomb site. If it’s gonna drop frames, why wouldn’t it utilize the remaining 50% of its power to stop that from happening?

Neither of these issues occurred on my old gaming laptop with a 1060 and i7-8750h

New Specs:
5700xt
Ryzen 5 3600
16gb ddr4 3466 RAM
Have you changed the display preferences in both windows and GPU settings? Also what panels do the monitors have are they TN, VA or IPS?

May 13, 2020
Have you changed the display preferences in both windows and GPU settings? Also what panels do the monitors have are they TN, VA or IPS?
Yes I have made sure that windows and the Radeon software recognize my main display as my main display. They are both TN, and have used them with my old pc no problem.

TRENDING THREADS