Nov 23, 2021
Hi guys, I'm not really sure on which category this falls under. I apologize if I put it in the wrong place...

I have an Asus x570 TUF (WiFi) motherboard and just bought an Asus PCE-AX58BT wifi card to upgrade. But after plugging it into my PCIE x1 slot on bottom I started getting blue screen of death. After looking it up I saw that I needed to disable my onboard wifi from bios. After doing this my computer started up without crash and my new wifi worked properly. But now my sound stopped working, saying audio service not working. Also my armoury crate crashed whenever entering driver section. I've been using local account all this time, but now when I try to sign in, even that doesn't work, the window opens and instantly closes. At this point, I'm really not sure what is broken. Whether it's driver, my account or what ?

Might be a tough one, but I really hope someone knows what happened here ><

Solution
OK after thinking it might be a registry issue I just did a system restore and it's fixed now. All is well now. Although I am still curious as to what might have happened and how.
Currently thinking that maybe the system fixes and restores to last working settings that it did during the blue screens at start may be what broke my registry
Nov 23, 2021
OK after thinking it might be a registry issue I just did a system restore and it's fixed now. All is well now. Although I am still curious as to what might have happened and how.
Currently thinking that maybe the system fixes and restores to last working settings that it did during the blue screens at start may be what broke my registry

Solution