Question Several questions about GPU overclock

Sep 11, 2019
Hello, recently I decided to overclock my GPU GT 1030 OC Edition to reach 60 frames in a game, because it was my first time doing overclock I have several questions.

1: Use this configuration (pic related) in Aorus Engine, then click Apply and start playing, is there something wrong with this configuration? Should I increase the core voltage?

2: When I click Apply on Aorus Engine and then run a game, there are times when the screen turns black or the game crashes, it only happens the first time, if I open the game for the second time everything runs normal and Overclock took effect, is this normal?

3: When the GPU is in full load it reaches between 69-74 degrees of temperature (Overclocked), the strange thing is that the gpu reaches these temperatures also when it is without overclock, why does this happen? -This temperature shortens the useful life of my GPU?

4: Whenever I finish playing, I change in Aorus Engine to my profile 1 (default settings without overclock) then I click Apply and close (I do this to return normal values to the GPU), should I always do this when I finish? or just close the program and go?

Sorry to post so often in this forum, it is the first PC I built and the least I want is to damage it, I thank you very much for helping me in previous posts.

Phaaze88

Admirable
Herald
1)Did you work your way up to that, or was that profile copy-pasted?

2)Yes. Especially when the overclock isn't stable. Not 100% sure about this, but after the crash, the overclock profile was automatically reverted to the default settings, that's why it works the second time.

3)Because of a feature called Gpu Boost. The card overclocks, or boosts, on it's own as long as it remains relatively cool. The set temperature limit for the card is 84C, I think.

4)You can just close it... unless you've enabled an option to enable the overclock at startup - don't do that, though.

You're far from being able to damage it. The manufacturer's were very conservative with the voltage and temperature limits on these cards. There are few ways you could kill that card.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts