[SOLVED] several warnings and error showing up on view event

froggy8

Reputable
Nov 23, 2019
hi guys

i have been checking my event viewer for anything that is out of the ordinary and i have quite alot of error and warnings but my pc is performing well.

question is, should i be worried?

i wasn't going to ask but it keeps showing on everyday

here is the screenshot of my event viewer:

many thanks

Solution
It is normal to have errors to a certain degree. Most are common and Windows will routinely handle those errors.

You should also look in Reliability History. Much more user friendly and presents a timeline format that can be quite helpful.

As for Error 10016:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/answers/questions/439273/error-event-id-10016-distributedcom.html

https://thedroidguy.com/how-to-fix-dcom-error-10016-on-windows-10-1147505

You can easily find other similar links. However, many of those links push registry editing or some other software app or action to "fix" the problem.

Registry edits are a last resort and should only be attempted after a full system and registry backup.

If the system is performing...

Ralston18

Titan
It is normal to have errors to a certain degree. Most are common and Windows will routinely handle those errors.

You should also look in Reliability History. Much more user friendly and presents a timeline format that can be quite helpful.

As for Error 10016:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/answers/questions/439273/error-event-id-10016-distributedcom.html

You can easily find other similar links. However, many of those links push registry editing or some other software app or action to "fix" the problem.

Registry edits are a last resort and should only be attempted after a full system and registry backup.

If the system is performing well and you have all important data, etc. backed up then just leave well enough alone.

My recommendation is to ignore those errors.

Just keep an eye on Event Viewer and Reliability History for new errors and/or increasing numbers of errors.

Reactions: froggy8
Solution

USAFRet

Titan
This is pretty normal.

Of a couple of systems of mine:
Win 10 installed several years ago - 30,908 Errors in 'System'. Some of exactly that same 10016.
Win 11, a week old - 1,770 entries in 'System'. Again, that same DCOM 10016 you see. One of them, 5 minutes ago.

Both of these systems are running just fine.

Windows may report these, but it is not something that needs to be fixed.

froggy8

Reputable
Nov 23, 2019

As for Error 10016:

If the system is performing well and you have all important data, etc. backed up then just leave well enough alone.

My recommendation is to ignore those errors.

Just keep an eye on Event Viewer and Reliability History for new errors and/or increasing numbers of errors.
many thanks for your reply

your comment have surely put my mind at ease, never really paid any attention to this but started doing so to look after my pc.

will use the Reliability History too.

froggy8

Reputable
Nov 23, 2019
This is pretty normal.

Of a couple of systems of mine:
Win 10 installed several years ago - 30,908 Errors in 'System'. Some of exactly that same 10016.
Win 11, a week old - 1,770 entries in 'System'. Again, that same DCOM 10016 you see. One of them, 5 minutes ago.

Both of these systems are running just fine.

Windows may report these, but it is not something that needs to be fixed.
many thanks

i will just ignore it.

Ralston18

Titan
According to Reliability History's timeline the Critical Events began occurring on October 12th.

I noted some informational events that were likewise captured.

Look at the critical errors on the following days as well.

Does MSI Center continue to appear?

If so, try reinstalling MSI Center.

As an option, simply uninstall MSI Center for a few days. If those errors end then MSI Center was likely the culprit.

Then you can decide to whether to reinstall or not.

froggy8

Reputable
Nov 23, 2019
According to Reliability History's timeline the Critical Events began occurring on October 12th.

I noted some informational events that were likewise captured.

Look at the critical errors on the following days as well.

Does MSI Center continue to appear?

If so, try reinstalling MSI Center.

As an option, simply uninstall MSI Center for a few days. If those errors end then MSI Center was likely the culprit.

Then you can decide to whether to reinstall or not.
i have left msi center open in my taskbar a few times, other than that i have just closed it. i havent thought about uninstalling it due to my rgb lights.

i am guessing once i have set up my lights and if i uninstall it then the lights still stays the same?

Ralston18

Titan
Re:

"i am guessing once i have set up my lights and if i uninstall it then the lights still stays the same"

I (full disclosure) do not know.

I would expect that the rgb lights will/would change and no longer stay the same without the controlling software.

If MSI Center is in Task Manager > Startup - try disabling MSI Center and determine if the errors end.

Then decide whether or not to uninstall.

Beyond that, I will defer to someone who uses MSI Center and RGB lights etc..

froggy8

Reputable
Nov 23, 2019
Re:

"i am guessing once i have set up my lights and if i uninstall it then the lights still stays the same"

I would expect that the rgb lights will/would change and no longer stay the same without the controlling software.

If MSI Center is in Task Manager > Startup - try disabling MSI Center and determine if the errors end.

many thanks again for your input.

i really do like the msi motherboard but the rgb software do let it down slightly but its not too bad, just occasionally flicker which i do not like as it shouldnt do that.

thank you again, i will try your advice.

froggy8

Reputable
Nov 23, 2019
Re:

ok, this starnge.

i have uninstalled msi center and the light is still the same. when i went to look in task manager, there is one msi still showing in there and its mystic light controller 32 bit.

should i uninstall that too?

Ralston18

Titan
And MSI Center is showing as Disabled......

In the meantime I did a bit of googling regarding uninstalling or otherwise removing MSI Center.

I found quite a number of links. It appears that getting rid of MSI Center is quite problematic overall.

For example:

View: https://www.reddit.com/r/MSI_Gaming/comments/jkb39h/tutorial_how_to_remove_the_bloat_from_dragon/

Seems to be the most relevant and trustworthy of the links that I found.

However, I have no way to know for sure or to test the link's instructions.

Read the link and posts. Hopefully what you read will be in context with what you are experiencing and prove useful.

And someone else following this thread may offer additional ideas and suggestions. I have no problem with that.

froggy8

Reputable
Nov 23, 2019
And MSI Center is showing as Disabled......

In the meantime I did a bit of googling regarding uninstalling or otherwise removing MSI Center.

I found quite a number of links. It appears that getting rid of MSI Center is quite problematic overall.

For example:

View: https://www.reddit.com/r/MSI_Gaming/comments/jkb39h/tutorial_how_to_remove_the_bloat_from_dragon/

Seems to be the most relevant and trustworthy of the links that I found.

However, I have no way to know for sure or to test the link's instructions.

Read the link and posts. Hopefully what you read will be in context with what you are experiencing and prove useful.

And someone else following this thread may offer additional ideas and suggestions. I have no problem with that.
i have found out that dragon center and msi center are 2 different softwares, i nearly installed dragon center few days ago to see if that fixed the flickering but i didnt.

yeah i have read not to install dragon center as few people have had problems with it.

TRENDING THREADS