Question Severe FPS drop with new monitor

Oct 22, 2022
I've recently got a new monitor, from 1080p 60hz (generic acer monitor) to 1440p 160hz (Asus PG329Q).

Prior to switching I could play Call of Duty Warzone no problems 1080p getting 120+FPS and streaming on max settings.
It's to be expected to drop some fps when moving on to the higher resolution.

However now that I've moved on to the newer monitor (160hz 32 inch IPS panel, display port) warzone doesn't seem to run as well. I'm getting 50-58fps, with occasional fps around 60-75, however the constant drops essentially cause lag.
I've changed all my settings to low and the fps doesn't really improve that much (single digit improvements). So I've even resorted to 1080p resolution and windowed mode (and low settings) thinking this would get me the same performance as using my old monitor, however the performance is exactly the same as full screen 1440p low settings (well single digit fps improvements).
I've enabled DLSS and still no improvement in FPS with either of the settings.

Sometimes when I'm on the large map (caldera) I'm naturally getting lower fps, but when I go back to the smaller map (rebirth island), there is no improvement.
I'm also running the most up to date drivers as well. I didn't think moving to a new monitor, even with running 1080p settings in game would give me such performance drop if any at all compared to my old monitor.
The game is fine with other games, however they aren't as resource intensive as Warzone are what you would class as AAA games (valorant, CSGO, Genshin).

I'm using display port from monitor to my GPU. I've used DDU and reinstalled newest drivers.

PC specs:
RTX 2070 Super
i7-4790k
16gb ram ddr3 1600mhz (lol)
Corsair TX 850w PSU
Asus Maximus VII hero mobo
Asus PG329Q monitor
Win 10 x64

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador
The listing says this is a "G Sync Compatible" monitor. Have you gone into the Nvidia settings console and enabled that feature? Alongside that, try turning V Sync off within the game.

Modern games are going to put a 4 core 8 thread CPU to task. Where this has been a legendary build for some years now, that in itself could be some of the perceived performance issue as well.

Oct 22, 2022
The listing says this is a "G Sync Compatible" monitor. Have you gone into the Nvidia settings console and enabled that feature? Alongside that, try turning V Sync off within the game.

Modern games are going to put a 4 core 8 thread CPU to task. Where this has been a legendary build for some years now, that in itself could be some of the perceived performance issue as well.

Hi, yes G sync enabled and V sync is off. Other games this runs very smoothly. But warzone it just doesn't seem to work.