[SOLVED] Severe internet issues, need help ASAP

Fatalzo

Great
May 7, 2021
I don't have a lot of time to write this since my internet connection is going out every about 5 minutes and I've already been writing for 20 seconds now.
And it takes about 10 minutes to connect again.

Anyway, I have an HP Z220 Workstation with a I5-3470 and a GT710 and Windows 10.

I'm running out of time, It has a Intel Wifi 6 AX200 and its about to crash again

hadiahmed29

Honorable
Feb 23, 2018
It's possibly your ISP issues to be fair.
You can check the network in Device manager if its running fine but i doubt it has anything to do with that.
Contact your ISP to fix their stuff.

Fatalzo

Great
May 7, 2021
It's possibly your ISP issues to be fair.
You can check the network in Device manager if its running fine but i doubt it has anything to do with that.
Contact your ISP to fix their stuff.
It says it's running fine in device manager.
It works fine on every device but my computer.

When running the troubleshooter, it gives 1 of 4 errors:

What problems are you having? (When it's insanely slow, about 4KB/s)
Default Gateway isn't available (when its stopped)
DNS server isn't responding (When it's insanely slow, about 4KB/s)
"Wi-Fi" doesn't have a valid IP configuration (when its stopped)

Fatalzo

Great
May 7, 2021
It's a wireless card, so no ethernet.
Now it's only having the stupid "default gateway is not available" error message.
Edit: After over 10 hours of fiddling around, I have gotten a stable connection, but it's so slow that it's unusable.

Last edited:

kanewolf

Titan
I don't have a lot of time to write this since my internet connection is going out every about 5 minutes and I've already been writing for 20 seconds now.
And it takes about 10 minutes to connect again.

Anyway, I have an HP Z220 Workstation with a I5-3470 and a GT710 and Windows 10.

I'm running out of time, It has a Intel Wifi 6 AX200 and its about to crash again
Then connect with an ethernet cable, at least until you determine if it is just the adapter, or if there is a more generic problem.

Fatalzo

Great
May 7, 2021
Then connect with an ethernet cable, at least until you determine if it is just the adapter, or if there is a more generic problem.
I don't have any working ethernet devices nearby. I want to fix this adapter. I know that it's the adapter because I used to have the computer hardwired before we had to move the router out of my room.

And no, I can't move the router back into my room, we don't want to come all the way into my somewhat small room just to use the PS4.

kanewolf

Titan
I don't have any working ethernet devices nearby. I want to fix this adapter. I know that it's the adapter because I used to have the computer hardwired before we had to move the router out of my room.

And no, I can't move the router back into my room, we don't want to come all the way into my somewhat small room just to use the PS4.
I didn't say to PERMANENTLY switch to a wired interface. I did say to do so while troubleshooting your WIFI problem.

Your 3000 series CPU doesn't meet the minimum CPU requirement that Intel specifies for that WIFI adapter -- https://www.intel.com/content/www/u...0057689/wireless/intel-wireless-products.html
Just because "it fits" doesn't mean it is guaranteed to work. Those Intel WIFI6 adapters can be finicky. Get a regular WIFI AC adapter.

And downvoting an answer you don't like is NOT the way to get more help ...

Fatalzo

Great
May 7, 2021
I have found the solution.

It turns out the Wifi card I have is known to have this issue, and it's a design flaw. It's just very poorly made and there's nothing we can do about it except replace it, the die itself is having issues due to it being very poorly made.

So the best solution is to stay as far away as possible from this card, as it is a living nightmare to deal with. I have left it a 1 star review on Amazon but I don't know how many people that will stop from buying this sad excuse of a Wifi card.

As request to a reply, the card's brand is Ubit, it uses an Intel Wifi 6 as its core.

I have replaced it with a much, much more powerful Wifi device. At the time of writing this the card is still in my computer but it serves no purpose.

Last edited:
This is why you need to specify which exact card many times. Intel ax200 has become fairly stable with the later drivers. The huge problem we have now days is the massive amount of fake equipment being sold even on huge platforms like amazon. The device may not even have actual intel chips in it. What makes this even more confusing is even official intel AX200 stuff had all kinds of strange issues when it first came to market. It was only released 2 years ago and only in high numbers for the last year or so.

microtank

Commendable
Mar 26, 2021
5 ghz does not travel through physical objects very well. 802.11 protocols AX and AC can only function on 5 ghz. Most adapters give you the option to choose 802.11 N and or 802.11 G, and some 802.11 B. Those protocols do 2.4 ghz. 2.4 ghz has the range and can travel through objects very well.

go to device manager, find the Ethernet adapters, find your card, righ click it, click properties and find the 802.11 protocols category, there you can change it, and see if that keeps you connected.

Fatalzo

Great
May 7, 2021
5 ghz does not travel through physical objects very well. 802.11 protocols AX and AC can only function on 5 ghz. Most adapters give you the option to choose 802.11 N and or 802.11 G, and some 802.11 B. Those protocols do 2.4 ghz. 2.4 ghz has the range and can travel through objects very well.

go to device manager, find the Ethernet adapters, find your card, righ click it, click properties and find the 802.11 protocols category, there you can change it, and see if that keeps you connected.
I have already replaced this piece of junk wifi card. However, I have tried it, and I still get awful pings and less than 2 megabits per second. Thank you for the advice though.