Question Severe internet problems

Feb 21, 2019
So, my internet is bad, getting straight to the chase.
I have had problems with my internet for a good six months now and its driving me insane. Ive contacted my internet provider, tried every fix and guide i can bloody find but nothing.

The problem is that I one day while gaming noticed strange lag spikes and they werent little ones, they completely disconnected me off of the net for a solid 5-30 seconds, but happened like twice a day so i didnt worry about it. A month fast forward im used to the problem but im noticing it more and more so i decide to do a speedtest and my speeds are 43/3, when they normally should be 90-100/10-12. This started to raise concern so i started to read on guides and such but nothing working, eventually i just brushed it off and hoped for the best but for the past half a month or more its been unbearable. 17/1 currently and falling, using ethernet cable and it the lag spikes happen every five or so minutes.

I seriously need help with this, im slowly going insane and getting desperate.
I have gotten a new modem, a new ethernet cable and a reinstallation of all my drivers, contacted my internet provider's customer support and talked for hours on end with me trying everything from duplexing to manual file editing

ANY help is appriciated

I'd suggest testing with less variables and see what monitoring is available on your router. If you get good results while directly on modem then it's likely internal.

If you have wireless mesh or a powerline or they can the weak link or inconsistent. Router features often limit throughput.

Feb 21, 2019
I have checked plenty of the current discussions and none have been able to fix the problem
I have tested one step at a time, when i talked to the ISP everything seemed fine on their end and even the connection with the wires was fine, we talked for hours to try and fix it, nothing seemed to work. I have restarted my computer with each change.
My computer is wired to my router
I have been trying to figure more out and i think it may be internal and in my computer and ive gotten a few possible choises

1: Get someone from my internet provider to come here to check it out
2: Keep trying to find sollutions here and see if i cant find anything new
3: Fallback my computer to around six months back to see if that might fix it

Ralston18

Titan
Have you taken a close look at all of the ISP and network cables?

Normal/usual connections would be something like:

ISP --- coax ( or DSL) -----> modem -----Ethernet----->[WAN] Router [LAN] --- Ethernet ----> PC/wired devices and/or ~~~~> wireless devices.

Note: Modem and router may be one combined device.

A steadily growing problem may be due to physical problems in the wiring: kinks, corrosion, rodent chews, nails, staples, etc.. Any sort of damage. May work for awhile but eventually started causing problems.

There may be barrel connectors (joins two shorter cables into one longer cable). Elbow connections (used to join and turn connected cables).

All can deteriorate and start causing connectivity problems.

Look for unterminated connections. Coax ports should be properly terminated versus just a dust cover of some sort.

Coax cable often involves the use of splitters: Small box ( 2" x 1 1/2" or so) with one cable in and two, three, or four out. Splitters can and do progressively fail. DSL has a similar component: one telephone line in, two out. One out to telephone system, Second out to modem. Splitters are also referred to as filters.

Check your connections, plugs, ports, etc. from end to end but do so safely. No climbing on roofs, poles, etc.,

Feb 21, 2019
I have gotten a new wire about a week ago, and i dont exactly get what you mean with the statement above (I am not sure of the grammar due to me not being born as a native english speaker) And i know for a fact it is a normal ethernet cable
Sorry for inconvenience

Feb 21, 2019
I have noticed a new property just recently. The wireless internet works at around the same speed but without the lag spikes, sure i would still like to have ethernet, but this could give more info. It seems like the ethernet cable is not registering somehow or just making it worse