Severed GTX 260 fan cord!

Koroshima

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2010
In the process of being an idiot I accidentally ripped out 2 of the 4 gpu fan connectors.

ANY help would be appreciated, I haven't used my gaming rig in months and my replacement processor gets here next week! :cry:

EDIT:
I also forgot to mention that some plastic from the outside of the wire is also wedged into the socket.

Solution
you gonna have to get that connector out or get a 3 to 4 pin connector and cut the wires on the cooler tape a connector on it and plug it into a motherboard fan header

Koroshima

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2010
@wh3resmycar:
Ironically it happened while I was working on a mod to lower my GPU temps, and I do have a friend with two 260s but I get the feeling that the whole gun thing would adversely affect our friendship.

@obsidian86:
Could you please give me some more specifics? I don't have any soldering equipment but I have plenty of spare connectors, cords, which I may be able to tweak somehow to make this work.

@ JackNaylorPE:
Spent all my extra dough on replacement parts for my rig.

Koroshima

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2010

That's actually how this happened, I tried to pull the connector out (I still can't) and the pliers slipped off the side and tore through the right side wires.