Sevice Pack4

I downloaded SP4 for WIN200 to my home computer WIN98 and
put on a disk to take to work and put on a computer that I
reinstalled WIN2000. The reason is we need at least SP3 to
put 2003 Business Edition. The error said I need to look
for info on how to download SP4 without an internet
connection which I am working on. I could not find this
info online at home. Please help. Thanks.

Cloaked

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2003

Well if you have already downloaded SP4, just copy it to the hard disk
from your CD, then launch it from the Hard Disk. I just did this
yesterday, and it works fine. In fact, I unplugged my server from the
network and rebooted just prior to install so that there was NO chance
that any users would attempt to access the machine during the
upgrade/install process.

It worked like a charm. But as I was told, make sure that there are no
programs - like anti-virus or anti-trojan scanners - running.

Best of luck.

On Mon, 10 May 2004 18:12:23 -0700, "TO" <todegard229@cs.com> wrote:

>I downloaded SP4 for WIN200 to my home computer WIN98 and
>put on a disk to take to work and put on a computer that I
>reinstalled WIN2000. The reason is we need at least SP3 to
>put 2003 Business Edition. The error said I need to look
>for info on how to download SP4 without an internet
>connection which I am working on. I could not find this
>info online at home. Please help. Thanks.

I suspect the file you downloaded was a small file (~150-
200 KB). That file is simply the downloader program, which
later downloads the service pack.

If you want the entire service pack in one file, go to
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?
FamilyID=1001aaf1-749f-49f4-8010-
297bd6ca33a0&DisplayLang=en and download there.

BE WARNED: this is a monster file - 130 MB. If you have
dial-up, you might want to talk to a friend with broadband.

Good luck.