Sevices-what to stp? Web, regular, and Nfuse

Hi,
Does anyone have a good article on what services you should disable, set to
manual, and leave on auto for:
A regular windows server (maybe apps or file)
A DC
A web server
An Nfuse server

I have searched everywhere and the articles are all very varied and no one
seems to have tested them out first.

Microsoft Security Guidance Center: Security Checklists Index

http://www.microsoft.com/security/guidance/checklists/default.mspx

--
******************************
Laura E. Hunter - MCSE, MCT, MVP

"MS News" <kvfltch@msn.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> Does anyone have a good article on what services you should disable, set
> manual, and leave on auto for:
> A regular windows server (maybe apps or file)
> A DC
> A web server
> An Nfuse server
>
> I have searched everywhere and the articles are all very varied and no one
> seems to have tested them out first.

I checked that out but I don't see a list of specific services to work with?
"Laura E. Hunter (MVP)" <hunter(nospamplease)@sfs.upenn.edu> wrote in
message news:%23pOFRgDaEHA.1656@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> Microsoft Security Guidance Center: Security Checklists Index
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/security/guidance/checklists/default.mspx
>
> --
> ******************************
> Laura E. Hunter - MCSE, MCT, MVP
> Replies to newsgroup only
>

> "MS News" <kvfltch@msn.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> > Does anyone have a good article on what services you should disable, set
> > manual, and leave on auto for:
> > A regular windows server (maybe apps or file)
> > A DC
> > A web server
> > An Nfuse server
> >
> > I have searched everywhere and the articles are all very varied and no
one
> > seems to have tested them out first.

Try the Windows 2003 Security Guide. Most of it if not nearly all also would apply to
Windows 2000 and it has specific recommendations on services. --- Steve

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/prodtech/Win2003/W2003HG/SGCH00.mspx