SFC scan failed to fix corrupt files // BSOD Error

GhostMajik

Reputable
Jul 8, 2014
I have been getting a Blue Screen error all day today since I installed a new cooling fan for my CPU. The IRQL_NOT_EQUAL_OR_LESS message is an error I have received in the past, but as of today whenever I attempt to launch a certain game, the Blue Screen error will show up after only several minutes of it being open. I attempted an SFC scannow and it was unable to repair corrupted files. From what I have put together it seems to be a driver issue but I am unable to figure out where the error is and how to fix it. I have searched my event viewer and found a BugCheck Error 1001 was listed at my most previous Blue Screen error. I can provide more information if needed I just don't know where to begin to fix it. Any help would be appreciated.

Edit: Not sure how to post the dump file here but I can post a link to a dropbox that has it if that helps. https://www.dropbox.com/s/cjmaw2i4y3ko02l/040915-7940-01.dmp?dl=0

Solution
memory dump shows
bugcheck 0x124 caused by the CPU shutting down the system because of a cache error reading using processor 3 reading cache bank 0.
your system uptime was 3 seconds, this indicates that your CPU was reset and your powersupply did not wait until the power was stable before it let the CPU start up.

look for the cause of the CPU reset (overclocking, heating, GPU overclock or using too much power, power problems)

Since the CPU called a bugcheck on boot, there is very little in the memory dump. it was a panic memory dump as the system CPU shutdown.
memory dump shows
bugcheck 0x124 caused by the CPU shutting down the system because of a cache error reading using processor 3 reading cache bank 0.
your system uptime was 3 seconds, this indicates that your CPU was reset and your powersupply did not wait until the power was stable before it let the CPU start up.

look for the cause of the CPU reset (overclocking, heating, GPU overclock or using too much power, power problems)

Since the CPU called a bugcheck on boot, there is very little in the memory dump. it was a panic memory dump as the system CPU shutdown.

Solution
The system dump is about the "ntoskrnl.exe". Error's 0x000000124. Param 1 is 0x0, Param 2 is 0xfffffa80, Param 3 is 0x0, and Param 4 is 0x0. There's a problem with the CPU's memory controller, or any sort of memory chips such as RAM, or the integrated cache. Specifically, it's Intel CPU's error that is new enough to have a bugcheck in the CPU instructions (which is to say, pretty old tech).

A possibility is to replace the CPU, or replace the new CPU with the old one if you were upgrading. Or another possibility is to try reinstalling the OS (because it may be a problem with ntoskrnl.exe). Yet another possibility is a bad Intel northbridge chipset, such as G45, and the southbridge, such as ICH9R. For that you'll have to replace the motherboard.