Question Sfc shows false reports/fixes files that do not need to be fixed?

ShangWang

Respectable
Mar 26, 2021
Even on a brand new NVMe SSD with a clean install of windows, after windows updates and updating drivers doing sfc /scannow seems to complete saying "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files and successfully repaired them."

I checked with sfc /verifyonly and found violations again despite not facing issues.

I believe these are from old drivers/windows updates that cause sfc to make false reports about file integrity corruption, should I run sfc /scannow regardless or can I ignore these reports if I don't experience any blatant issues?

Can running sfc /scannow revert changes I made on purpose such as a command like powercfg /setacvalueindex?

ShangWang

Respectable
Mar 26, 2021
With "a clean install of windows", how are there "old drivers/windows updates " ?
I mean once windows is installed you will have to do many manual updates and update your device drivers. I mean mainly with old device drivers but I'm not very sure in general so I added it in there so it can be clarified.

What I'd like to know in general is should I run sfc /scannow anyway?

USAFRet

Titan
I mean once windows is installed you will have to do many manual updates and update your device drivers. I mean mainly with old device drivers but I'm not very sure in general so I added it in there so it can be clarified.
You don't have to do any "manual" updates for the OS. It will do it on its own.
For the device drivers, you simply install whatever is the newest non-beta version.

ShangWang

Respectable
Mar 26, 2021
You don't have to do any "manual" updates for the OS. It will do it on its own.
For the device drivers, you simply install whatever is the newest non-beta version.
Manual updates as in checking updates on windows, my bad. I haven't done any device driver updates recently either so I don't know why sfc is showing integrity violations.

No issue running sfc /scannow anyway?

ShangWang

Respectable
Mar 26, 2021
No "issue", but almost certainly not needed.

Run it.
Let it fix whatever it might find.
Leave it alone.
Thanks, also do you know how to run a command after one is finished?
For example after running sfc /scannow I want DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth immediately after automatically.

How would I go with this?