Question SFF Help: Downsizing

bmmojo

Reputable
Aug 20, 2019
Plans to OC: No
Games played: CoD MW, WoW, Rainbow Six Siege at max settings on 1440p resolution.
Programs used: Visual Studio Code, Photoshop, Premiere Pro and NUKE. (Nothing heavy)
Other uses: Youtube, Internet, Streaming videos, Reading

I want to transfer what I have from my mid-tower to a NCase M1.

Current Specs:

CPU:
AMD Ryzen 9 3900X
RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4-3200
GPU: ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 2070 OC 8GB
Storage: Intel 660p 2TB NVME SSD

Parts needed:

GPU:
Does anyone know how to de-shroud a GPU? Is it easy work?
I think with the card I have it would be a tight fit.
Also, if anyone has suggestions of getting an slightly smaller GPU than this please share.

Motherboard: ASUS B450-I or ASUS X570-I or Gigabyte Aorus X570-I
Is it important to have M.2 + VRM cooling and heat sink for what I do?

PSU: Corsair SF600

Cooler: NZXT Kraken x52/53 or NZXT Kraken M22 or Corsair H55 or Cryorig CY Cu or Cryorig C7 or Noctua NH-L9i
I prefer the water AIO... but does low-profile air coolers look cool!

Thank you for the help everyone!

I don't know anything about removing the shroud on the GPU. However, I can tell you that your current one won't fit in that case. Your GPU is 48.9mm thick and 305mm long. The case you are getting says that GPUs more than 45mm thick can only be 290mm long with the front IO removed. I would recommend these for the GPU and CPU Cooler:
PCPartPicker Part List

CPU Cooler: ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II 240 56.3 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($95.99 @ Newegg)
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 XT 8 GB PULSE Video Card ($399.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $495.98
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-04-04 23:10 EDT-0400

For the motherboard go with the Aorus X570-i. That is very highly regarded for Ryzen ITX motherboards.

Oct 11, 2020
I don't know anything about removing the shroud on the GPU. However, I can tell you that your current one won't fit in that case. Your GPU is 48.9mm thick and 305mm long. The case you are getting says that GPUs more than 45mm thick can only be 290mm long with the front IO removed. I would recommend these for the GPU and CPU Cooler:
PCPartPicker Part List

CPU Cooler: ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II 240 56.3 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($95.99 @ Newegg)
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 XT 8 GB PULSE Video Card ($399.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $495.98
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-04-04 23:10 EDT-0400

For the motherboard go with the Aorus X570-i. That is very highly regarded for Ryzen ITX motherboards.
That ARCTIC cooler won't fit in that case. It's WAY too thick -- perhaps needs double the clearance this case offers. I happen to have this case and cooler and was just trying it out.

That ARCTIC cooler won't fit in that case. It's WAY too thick -- perhaps needs double the clearance this case offers. I happen to have this case and cooler and was just trying it out.
Yeah I see that the recommendation is a radiator less than 35mm thick and the Arctic is 38mm. I don't remember if that radiator information was on the spec webpage for that case back in April.

TRENDING THREADS