Shadow Of Mordor Stopped Wokring -_-

Abdo Badr

Reputable
Mar 10, 2014
first of all specs (this is a notebook):
Hp Probook 450 g1:
i5-4200m
AMD Radeon 8750m DDR3 2 GB/ Intel HD Graphics 4600 lastest drives 14.9.
8gb DDR3 Ram.
Win 8.1 64x bit
720p max resolution.

I just got shadow of mordor on steam and whenever I try to launch it on my AMD gpu it stops working.
The game works on my intel but I get like 20-ish fps on lowest things, I'm not asking the game to run on high setting but it'd be playable at low I'd get atleaest like +35 fps on lowest things considering i'm playing 720p not 1080p.

Everything on my system is up to date cause I've just installed this windows and I had to whip out my HD and redownload my drivers again so they are latest, I already too verfied my game files and it didn't help.

thanks in advance.

Solution
Uninstall drivers with DDU driver uninstaller and than follow instructions and uninstall the drivers in safemode with the program and than restart and download latest drivers

Abdo Badr

Reputable
Mar 10, 2014
I also uninstalled fraps and d3dgear, I don't have an antivirus, my windows firewall is helpless (it's windows firewall lol), latest update of DX 11, dot net framework 4.5, latest VCredist (already installed the one that comes in the game's folder).

Abdo Badr

Reputable
Mar 10, 2014
Well, I think It's not about the drivers.. I'm playing Castlevania which had screen flickering issue while playing it on the AMD and it's working fine now, also the elder scroll skyrim same problem is working fine, also fallout 3 which was exiting on AMD, they all had problems with the High performance setting (AMD) and they're working fine.
Also the last time I did the DDU thingy I had to re-install my windows cause it messed up the drivers. :X .

Abdo Badr

Reputable
Mar 10, 2014
Yes, uninstalled it in safe mode, it whipped out both my intel and amd then I installed the intel one -> restarted -> amd 14.9 -> restarted .. all games are fine except this ... I hate Nvidia based titles .. same thing happened with watch dogs ... didn't even bought the game and tried it with my friend's account XD .

Abdo Badr

Reputable
Mar 10, 2014
Quick update : I just found out that my full retarded windows just updated both my graphics drivers despite disabling the update feature both while installing and after I installed it through settings -_- ... it might be the problem (I hope so) .. gonna delete them using DDU software.

Abdo Badr

Reputable
Mar 10, 2014
Update 2 : I re-installed both my GPUs drivers using the latest provided by both Intel and AMD and the problem still there unfortunately -_-, my friends have pirated it and it works perfectly with lower specs -_- .

Abdo Badr

Reputable
Mar 10, 2014
Final Update : The driver didn't seem to fix the problem, I think the problem is at the start-up of the game if I pressed Play then switched to another windows just to make the window of Mordor inactive and wait till it finishes loading at windows preview, it works.

Abdo Badr

Reputable
Mar 10, 2014
I kinda know what they'd tell me, first they will say that my specs doesn't meet the requirements of the game then they'd tell me to update my drivers or wait for a new update whether from them or from AMD or even Microsoft for making me install Windows again today but I can play the game on AMD now in a weird way like I mentioned I have to lose game's focus and put it in the background till it finishes loading then I click on it to bring it to the screen.

Abdo Badr

Reputable
Mar 10, 2014
The worst part it I'm playing Ryse Son of Rome which is in the same caliber of requirements and it's working perfect on my AMD also tried on the intel and it was unplayable ... I hate this switchable graphics thingy ._. .