shadow of mordor

Solution

LOL
That's what comes from trusting Google's first link (urbandictionary.com), especially on translating overseas slang. I just looked at collinsdictionary.com, the 3rd link down, and they nailed it just as you described. Thanks for the education. :D

I've honestly had only one instance I can recall of confusion where I wasn't sure what to do. It was one of those Power side missions where you're supposed to interrupt a power struggle battle between two Orcs. I wasn't sure if I was supposed to kill or defend one of them. The battle was...
Hmm, had to look up a "tutorial" on faffy. LOL

Said flowery, gay, etc,

Well, to that I say, game involves fighting all kinds of Orcs bent on brutalizing humans. Hero has many skills bordering on executioner gore levels. Has a bit of an occult twist to it what with the wraith, ghuls, dark caves, etc. You hunt and use savage beasts.

No, nothing too flowery there, not even in the Nurn map that's more lush. Perhaps faffy, gay, etc, is just overused net slang meaning something else.

Were you mostly describing it as too easy maybe? I also find it odd you'd call it faffy, then ask for tutorials, which some might construe as a bit noobish (not saying it actually is).

The game has a list of tutorials built in on the last tab of the Appendices page, and they're actually more detailed than the game feature trailers that vaguely highlight certain things.

The game is pretty good IMO, and I'd say the 8.5/10 average ratings are spot on. Some are saying it's too easy, some claim it's too hard. The reality is it really depends how you pace and equip yourself.

If you blow through nothing but story missions out of curiosity, many of the battles are going to feel difficult. If you exhaust all side missions before each story mission pops up, it may seem too easy.

It's all in balancing your approach and leveling up sensibly.

LOL
That's what comes from trusting Google's first link (urbandictionary.com), especially on translating overseas slang. I just looked at collinsdictionary.com, the 3rd link down, and they nailed it just as you described. Thanks for the education. :D

I've honestly had only one instance I can recall of confusion where I wasn't sure what to do. It was one of those Power side missions where you're supposed to interrupt a power struggle battle between two Orcs. I wasn't sure if I was supposed to kill or defend one of them. The battle was over before I got involved, one got promoted, the mission icon disappeared, and I didn't know if I failed or what.

Then I discovered one of the great things about this game is some side missions aren't all that scripted. They'll sometimes just tell you to interrupt and let player/AI progress take it's place, with the option of your being able to influence how it does. The only goal sometimes seems to be to force a hierarchy change so that things at the top (Warchiefs) are more clearly defined, eg: like when Warchief slots are vacant.

In that sense this game is a nice change of pace from the hand holding of linear progression.

Solution