SHADOWPLAY Gone..PLZ HELP

SmexyGaming

Commendable
May 2, 2016
So I opened up Geforce Experience, ready to get some dank bf1 beta footage for my new vid and the shadowplay button isn't there. The problem does not have to do with me not being able to turn it on or anything like that. The shadowplay button legit isn't there.. It's gone pls help as I need shadowplay.

Solution
I'm wondering if this post indicates it's more than just the driver update that caused it. It could be a glitch in a GUI update for ShadowPlay itself.

The following indicates it still works if you use the Share button instead of the usual button (or the record hotkey), which means nothing is missing but that button on the GUI.

"After an update on the NVIDIA program the button to start recording had simply disappeared and appeared a new button in place "SHARE", which has an arrow next to. I clicked on that arrow and did not show any recording option. So after much searching, discovering that it was necessary to click on the name to show the functions I was looking for. So when you open the NVIDIA and display the "share" button...

SmexyGaming

Commendable
May 2, 2016

I've looked through some past forums and ppl are saying this is due to Nvidia's new drivers. This happened once I updated my drivers for bf1 as well.

That very well could be, they're definitely having driver problems lately. Do you normally install them via their clean install method, which removes the old driver first? If so, try it via overwriting instead. It could be removing part of ShadowPlay that's not being reinstalled.

SmexyGaming

Commendable
May 2, 2016

I installed the new drivers as they come from geforce experience normally. But once I installed the new drivers shadowplay was working. What i'm thinking it could be is that shadowplay got removed once I shut down the Pc.

SmexyGaming

Commendable
May 2, 2016

Reinstalling has not fixed the problem..

You didn't shut down the PC while there was software running did you? It's especially bad to do that if the system is not fully booted up too.

I would try uninstalling all Nvidia software via a tool like Driver Sweeper 3.2, which can still be downloaded and is actually more thorough than Display Driver Uninstaller. Sometimes it's best to use a 3rd party tool, especially if there's any chance of corrupt files.

SmexyGaming

Commendable
May 2, 2016

No, The PC was shut down after I captured some gameplay after installing the new drivers. I'll try uninstalling with Driver Sweeper then and keep u updated. Found this as well https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/632417/geforce-experience/bug-shadowplay-button-disappeared-/2/ Seems like a common issue.

SmexyGaming

Commendable
May 2, 2016

Just uninstalled rivers with Driver Sweeper and got the exact previous driver I had before updating for bf1 and shadowplay is working like before. However if I update the drivers again i'm afraid the same problem will occur.. What do u think.

I'm wondering if this post indicates it's more than just the driver update that caused it. It could be a glitch in a GUI update for ShadowPlay itself.

The following indicates it still works if you use the Share button instead of the usual button (or the record hotkey), which means nothing is missing but that button on the GUI.

"After an update on the NVIDIA program the button to start recording had simply disappeared and appeared a new button in place "SHARE", which has an arrow next to. I clicked on that arrow and did not show any recording option. So after much searching, discovering that it was necessary to click on the name to show the functions I was looking for. So when you open the NVIDIA and display the "share" button instead of the button "shadowplayer" only you click the name "SHARE" that will appear starting the recording options, flow, diffusion, among others. Not to click the arrow next to the word "SHARE" is exactly on top of the name.
The game only starts recording when you get into a game compatible with shadowplayer and press Alt + Z, where appear the same options as when you click on the word "SHARE"."

Solution

SmexyGaming

Commendable
May 2, 2016

Now shadowplay is working normally with this previous driver, but I did not have a share button at all before..

SmexyGaming

Commendable
May 2, 2016
Btw nothing to do with the thread but what are your thoughts on Raptr. If you have any experience with it. http://raptr.com/ (Currently installing bf1 drivers once again hoping shadowplay will work again)

Yeah, that's what I meant. Sounds like they added a Share button and somehow it took the place of the record button on the new GUI. I don't know if that's intentional since Share can also mean share videos, but if so, it's a pretty bad idea if you ask me.

I've used raptr and I would def not recommend it. Those of us on AMD wish we could use ShadowPlay instead.

SmexyGaming

Commendable
May 2, 2016

Updated my drivers once again aftter uninstalling with driver sweeper. Still no share button or shadowplay button at all. Just to say this once again, the shadowplay button was there once I uninstalled and went back to my previous drivers.

SmexyGaming

Commendable
May 2, 2016
I will try uninstalling again and installing the drivers from the nvidia website instead. I'm thinking this could be a geforce experience problem with unsteady drivers being released from geforce experience. If this doesn't work might actually switch recording programs lol.

I haven't used either of those, it's DxTory for me. I hear more about people using OBS now, seems to be more popular than Xplit.

On a temp workaround, reverting to a previous driver until Nvidia gets it sorted might be easier then familiarizing yourself with a new capture tool.