Shadowplay is taking too much C drive space

Gudjon_

Reputable
Aug 25, 2015
I love recording with shadowplay, it works perfectly for me but there's just this one thing that bugs me is that when I record my videos they always take alot of C drive space, I've already sent both Save Location and Temp to D drive, I don't really know what is taking up all this C drive space after I save each video.

I tried asking on the GeForce forums a few days ago but I got no answer :/ hope you guys can help

Thanks

Yes, videos are very large in size when recorded in high quality. A 9 min 1080p high quality video can easily be 1GB in size. Video editing software typically reduces the file size with compression algorithms, and when uploaded to say Youtube it gets compressed a 2nd time. Other video recording software can adjust the quality of the recording to reduce the file size in advance as well.

Gudjon_

Reputable
Aug 25, 2015

yeah ik, but I'm for some reason loosing space fast everytime I save a video on the C drive while I save everything to the D drive, I don't understand why. I am loosing space really fast for some reason and I got very little left and I can't locate what is taking all that space

Gudjon_

Reputable
Aug 25, 2015

yep, I've restarted my computer a few times and shut it down and turn it back on every day, I think those are just lost files I can't find instead of a nug

TRENDING THREADS