Shagged Hitachi 180GXP 123gb

Alright all?

Just purchsed a Hitachi 180GXP 123gb drive, but it does not show in BIOS. I
have tried it slaved, and as a primary master, but it simply makes a quiet
click / spin noise and doesn't register... have of course udjusted the
jumpers accordingly.

Am I to assume it's shagged?

Just in case it was a power supply problem, I also had it running alone,
after unplugging my other HDD and both CD drives... but to no avail.

I have a Dell Dimension 4400 on the original 2 year old BIOS if that makes
any difference.

Thanks in advance!!

Darren Ball wrote:
> Alright all?
>
> Just purchsed a Hitachi 180GXP 123gb drive, but it does not show in
> BIOS. I have tried it slaved, and as a primary master, but it simply
> makes a quiet click / spin noise and doesn't register... have of
> course udjusted the jumpers accordingly.
>
> Am I to assume it's shagged?
>
> Just in case it was a power supply problem, I also had it running
> alone, after unplugging my other HDD and both CD drives... but to no
> avail.
>
> I have a Dell Dimension 4400 on the original 2 year old BIOS if that
> makes any difference.

Take it back to the seller now and have them test it on their system. Sounds
like it's DOA.