Question Share all Hard Drives between 2 PCs wirelessly on a pulic Wifi

RandomForest

Commendable
Jun 2, 2019
Hello,

My 2 PCs are connected to the same Wifi (which is the public Wifi of my residence).
I just would like to share (read and write) all my hard drives between my 2 PCs and in both directions.
On each PC I have only one administrator user (me), only one account and no password. I put the same account name and the same associated email address on both PCs.

I have already managed to share everything but by being forced to put "Everyone" in:

right click properties on a Hard Drive> Sharing> Advanced sharing> Authorizations
and in
right click properties on a HDD> Security

As you can guess, this solution is not very secure because all the people connected to my wifi can probably access my HDs ...
I am therefore looking for how not to share everything with everybody on the wifi but share only with the other PC.
I don't want to have to enter a password every time I access a folder on the other PC and if possible I don't want to create any other accounts (which will make things complicated for me)
I just would like to add the user of the other PC on each PC, but in
right click properties on a HDD> Sharing> Advanced sharing> Permissions> Add> location
I only see the PC I'm on and not the other ... How do I view the other PC and add the user from the other PC?

Thanks for your help

config: Windows 10 on Both PCs

Secret-Squirrel

Reputable
Sep 12, 2020
As you can guess, this solution is not very secure because all the people connected to my wifi can probably access my HDs.................................I don't want to have to enter a password every time................................

You really should enable "Password Protected Sharing". When you first access the networked computer you'll be prompted for a username and password. If you also tick the box to "Remember my Credentials" then it shouldn't ask you again.