[SOLVED] share an external public wifi connection with windows 10 home - mhotspot.

SerPan

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2008
I am connecting sometimes to an open internet public connection.
At the present moment I need to login to the wifi internet connection with a submit button, at the past you need to login with your email account, google account or facebook account .
I reach the signal with my laptop, but don't with my mobile. so I would like to share the wifi internet connection with my laptop as a hotspot to my mobile as client.
I don't know if this is possible with the features or my present environment : windows 10 home, firefox browser, .... .

I am trying with mHotspot with no results.

Solution
Your problem is your pc only has the 1 wifi nic and you are using it to talk to the remote wifi source. It can not talk to 2 different things at the same time. This means you must get a second radio source.

You might be able to just buy a second wifi nic. The router/AP suggestion is because you have ethernet port and you could use a old router if you have one.

The function you need to use is called ICS. You need to go to microsoft site they have instructions for setting it up.

If you are going to buy a router you need nothing fancy. It likely will be slightly easier to get it working with a router than trying to run 2 wifi nics.
Your problem is your pc only has the 1 wifi nic and you are using it to talk to the remote wifi source. It can not talk to 2 different things at the same time. This means you must get a second radio source.

You might be able to just buy a second wifi nic. The router/AP suggestion is because you have ethernet port and you could use a old router if you have one.

The function you need to use is called ICS. You need to go to microsoft site they have instructions for setting it up.

If you are going to buy a router you need nothing fancy. It likely will be slightly easier to get it working with a router than trying to run 2 wifi nics.

Solution