[SOLVED] Share files using one drive

hw_user

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2010
I am using WIN 10 both at work and at home. I create and updated a file (WorkData.txt) on my home PC at night and want to continue my work in the office. Both my home PC and office PC are login to one drive. After the update, I saved the WorkData.txt file under "Onedrive - Personal/ desktop folder". This also show up under "This PC/ Desktop folder" and I can see the icon for WorkData.txt on my desktop.
When I am in the office, I can see the WorkData.txt file under "Onedrive - Personal/ desktop folder" which is expected.
But I cannot see the WorkData.txt in "This PC/ Desktop folder" and hence no WorkData.txt icon on my desktop.

It looks like that on my home PC when I put a file in OneDrive/Desktop, it is copied to This PC/Desktop and the icon shows on my desktop. But my office PC is not doing the same (i.e. what is added to Onedrive is not copied to desktop). How can I get the office PC to do the same ?

Colif

Win 11 Master
i bet if you made a document on work pc and it put it in the "This PC/ Desktop folder" that it too wouldn't show in desktop folder on Home PC. Its likely how it works.

You likely need to make the icon on your desktop on whichever PC it wasn't created on.

If you want to share the document, I would use a different folder.

D

Deleted member 14196

Oh that’s easy just have OneDrive share your desktop so they both look the same

Last edited by a moderator: