Question share printer over network

Status
Not open for further replies.

.valkyrie.

Honorable
Nov 29, 2018
hi. i have a laser printer Cannon 6030 and i need to share it to my father laptop over my local network.
right now i did same thing through my windows but everytime he need to print , i have to turn on my PC (printer is connected to my pc USB port).
i googled around and found Dlink ADSL 2750U with a USB port but for some reason the website and manual is useless.
i am not sure what should I google, so my search was a failure too.
right now i have TP-Link 9960.
here is my question.
is it possible to connect my Canon 6030 printer to USB port of Dlink 2750U and all of my local network use that printer without needing my PC to turn on?
does this Modem support my printer?

kanewolf

Titan
hi. i have a laser printer Cannon 6030 and i need to share it to my father laptop over my local network.
right now i did same thing through my windows but everytime he need to print , i have to turn on my PC (printer is connected to my pc USB port).
i googled around and found Dlink ADSL 2750U with a USB port but for some reason the website and manual is useless.
i am not sure what should I google, so my search was a failure too.
right now i have TP-Link 9960.
here is my question.
is it possible to connect my Canon 6030 printer to USB port of Dlink 2750U and all of my local network use that printer without needing my PC to turn on?
does this Modem support my printer?
This page from Canon -- https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART168461 says that your printer should have WIFI connectivity.
If that isn't the printer you have, then there are lots of used USB print servers selling on E-Bay for $20 - $40.

The manual for the 9960 router does not look like it supports a USB printer.

.valkyrie.

Honorable
Nov 29, 2018
This page from Canon -- https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART168461 says that your printer should have WIFI connectivity.
If that isn't the printer you have, then there are lots of used USB print servers selling on E-Bay for $20 - $40.

The manual for the 9960 router does not look like it supports a USB printer.
6030 have two variation, mein is the wifi-less one...
yea 9960 doesn't have a USB port , this is the modem j have right now.

I'm asking about D-link 2750u . this one have Usb port

Reactions: .valkyrie.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS