Question Shared RAM on RX 580 ?

May 13, 2023
hello :) i have some issue, iam using two monitors on DP and i didnt have any kind of problems, until couple of days, where i saw, hardware reserved 8gb of ram, and 4gb are reserved by GPU xfx rx580 wich have integrated 8gb of vram... i tried everything, but it not working, so i just plugged one monitor on Hdmi, and hardware reserved memory gets to 1gb
but... now on task manager/performance i see my rx580 dedicated memory 8gb shared gpu memoy 8gb... and its still shares from ram, when i want to play any game its give me an error not enough memory, bios updated, drivers updated, i have 16gb of ram, how to disable sharing ram to gpu? thank you

Colif

Win 11 Master
Where is it showing hardware reserved as 8gb? On the memory tab of task manager?
How much available ram do you have?

right click start
choose run...
type dxdiag and press enter

what shows on the display tab next to the ram fields?

The gpu will only use that 8gb of shared ram if it exceeds its 8gb of VRAM. It doesn't reserve it in anyway... can you imagine how hard it would be to run a 4090 with 24gb of vram if the PC took it and didn't let you share... most people don't have 24gb of ram to start with.
Hardware reserved on my 7900xt is only 77mb. Not 20gb.

when i want to play any game its give me an error not enough memory,
can you share screenshots of the errors?

You might want to run this on your ram - Try running memtest86 on each of your ram sticks, one stick at a time, up to 4 passes. Only error count you want is 0, any higher could be cause of the BSOD. Remove/replace ram sticks with errors. Memtest is created as a bootable USB so that you don’t need windows to run it