Sharkoon Announces Budget-friendly BD28 Gaming Case

Status
Not open for further replies.

lp231

Splendid
€49.99, comes out to around $69 or £42 how is that a budget friendly case?There is another case, that's is much cheaper than this. Can't remember which one, but Tom's also had a news article on it.

Haravikk

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2013
I like how "ample cooling" always comes alongside more drive bays than every gamer I know actually uses. A good gaming rig doesn't usually need more than two drives (an SSD for OS and main apps, and an HDD for games). I know some gamers do use RAID, but the benefit is usually minimal if you have an external backup drive to keep you covered, and just keep spare disks handy.I dunno, just seems like a case could be designed for even better gaming performance by aiming more towards what most gamers actually use. I mean, even gamers with multiple GPUs won't usually use more than two, otherwise it gets too expensive for what you gain over a single, better GPU. So they probably don't need more than three PCIe slots to give some room for a sound card.Sorry, this is really just general comments rather than specifically against this Sharkoon case. Personally I think it's really ugly, and there are better budget cases out there, as to me £30 is closer to the budget friendly price-point, and some cases at that price are surprisingly okay.

brandonjclark

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2008
I like how "ample cooling" always comes alongside more drive bays than every gamer I know actually uses. A good gaming rig doesn't usually need more than two drives (an SSD for OS and main apps, and an HDD for games). I know some gamers do use RAID, but the benefit is usually minimal if you have an external backup drive to keep you covered, and just keep spare disks handy.I dunno, just seems like a case could be designed for even better gaming performance by aiming more towards what most gamers actually use. I mean, even gamers with multiple GPUs won't usually use more than two, otherwise it gets too expensive for what you gain over a single, better GPU. So they probably don't need more than three PCIe slots to give some room for a sound card.Sorry, this is really just general comments rather than specifically against this Sharkoon case. Personally I think it's really ugly, and there are better budget cases out there, as to me £30 is closer to the budget friendly price-point, and some cases at that price are surprisingly okay.
Keep spare disks laying around? What year do you think this is? Cloud-backup man. It's been like 5-10 years, get with it.

BulkZerker

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2010
m4ximel4roucheIf you think 70 USD is budget you need to try living on paying your bills and another $150 for food and gas. See if you can figure out how.

firefoxx04

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
Anyone using the cloud ot backup their games, music, and HD video library is either stupid or very good with waiting 12 years to recover their files after a disaster. Not all of us have tripple super duper fiber lines with unlimited bandwith. I need at least 4 drive bays.

Haravikk

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2013

I wasn't mentioning it for backup purposes, but in case you suffer a disk failure and need to restore from an external backup disk; if you don't have a spare disk then you need to order one or head to a shop and get one, whereas if you have a spare handy at all times then you just open your case, swap in the new drive, restore and get back to the action.

I'm a fan of cloud-backup for safety, provided I have control over the encryption key(s), but I wouldn't want to restore a machine that way unless I absolutely had to; an external disk is still my favourite for that purpose. Although external a bit messier, at least it means if a more vital component of your machine fails then getting up and running on another machine is a matter of plug and play.

m4ximel4rouche

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2010
Im payin my stuff too... look at the case, for 69 bucks its pretty good with all the leds and fans support. Anyway budget friendly = ps4

BulkZerker

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2010

They can keep the fans and sell if for $30 then. :D

lp231

Splendid

Budget friendly is around $40 or so, $50 max and that is being generous.
Also I have a Cooler Master Cosmos which cost way more than this case, but at $69, it really isn't what I call budget friendly.

Perhaps you might need to do some practice on the help with my build threads, then you might learn the difference between what is a budget and not budget friendly case.

Some of us like to take responsibility with our files and manage our own backup, instead of relying on this "cloud" backup, which basically is your storing files to some storage, who knows where the hell that thing is, and if it crashes, well your files are gone too.

Status
Not open for further replies.