Question Sharkoon TG4 airflow problem!

Feb 25, 2020
Hey guys,
I have a Sharkoon TG4 case and its cheap and comes with 4 fans, but i got hot temps. it has 3 fans in the front and i turned off the fan above, and temps got a little bit down. So now i removed the side and cpu got from 70 to 55, en gpu from 75 to 66. Thats alot.
What could be the problem? Should i invest in a cpu/gpu cooler? new case? or case fans?
Thanks for helping!
Gpu: MSI rx 580 8gb armor (those have pretty bad fans but ok)
Cpu: ryzen 5 2600x

Take some pictures of the inside of your case. upload these to e.g. imgur.com and post the link

Is the rear fan spinning?

At how much RPM do the fans spin?

Are you sure the temperatures lowered that much? Both measured in idle or under load?

EDIT
Read a view reviews of this case, replacing it would be the best thing to do I think.

Last edited:
Feb 25, 2020
Take some pictures of the inside of your case. upload these to e.g. imgur.com and post the link

Are you sure the temperatures lowered that much? Both measured in idle or under load?

EDIT
Read a view reviews of this case, replacing it would be the best thing to do I think.
First of all thanks for helping!
When im home ill post some pictures.

The rear fan is spinning and sharkoon did not stated the RPM, and because they are slower spinning than my cpu fan and silent, i guess under 2000RPM for sure.

The temps were in game. so basically load. idle is cpu around 45/50 and gpu the same (zero RPM on)

Also my sidepanel (tempered glass) gets pretty hot and ofcourse the top, when sidepanel is off its gone.

I just noticed that my fan cases were under some kind of oil!? pretty drenched

Last edited:
Feb 25, 2020

EDIT
Okay i found out my rear fan was running 800 rpm... (3 pin) so i booted up bios and saw that it was running in normal mode and he looked at m/b temp and not cpu, so ive changed it to full speed. It says 1100 rpm and sometimes 2000. but better than 800rpm. I also did a custom fan curve and gpu is running a lot cooler ( this was before the rear fan speed change) im getting 60 to 70c and when i did a game with full load (that he struggles with. fyi naval action with AA) it got to max 81c with 70% fan speed. When i feel my hand on the front fans, it feels a lot cooler now at idle. also at the back i can finally feel that he is moving some air! While writing this i can see that idle temps on cpu is no 38/39c and gpu the same. I guess the problem was the rear fan after all, he couldnt get rid of the hot air. If you have any suggestions or tips, it will help and also for other people!

Reactions: helpstar
Sep 2, 2020
I have/had the same problem. Pop of the front. You can do this by pulling on the underside of it. It won’t came completely off as there are wires for the usb connected. Place it so more air can come in, you will see the CPU temp drop. The gap between the glass in front and the fans is too narrow.

Sep 29, 2020
I'm facing the same issue with the same case. In the bios I can update each fan speed. However, only the RPM for the processor cooler is shown. The other case fans are listed, but are shown as 0 RPM. I can bump their voltage from 7.5 up to 10, but it doesn't have any audible change (and doesn't seem to cool any better). Did you do something in particular to get them to work with your motherboard better?

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Not really, if you think about it. Should be cleaning the pc regularly anyway. Not likely you'll let it sit for a year just because it has a filter in front.

Gpus pull air in from below. They exhaust air out the side facing the side panel. If your gpu is running 80°C gaming hard, the side panel is going to get warm from exhaust, no matter if you have good airflow or not. This is why TG is preferred over Acrylic, it doesn't warp, crack, discolor when seeing such abuse. Modern gpus boost according to temps. If you provide better airflow to the gpu, it'll boost higher, so maintain the temp of 80°C that you had before. It's only when the gpu is not pushed hard that you'll see lowered temps from the better cooling.

Last edited: