Sharp Abandoning PC for Android Tablets

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Sharp sell PC? never heard of it.
But they do make great air conditioner, though.....

G

Sharp laptops were rather well made -- I think bigger in Japanese market than elsewhere.

G

I'm ready to look at tablets powered by Android somewhere other than England...or Ebay. When Ipad's prospective customers find better systems and haedware, the quality in all of them will rise and we will reap the rise in quality no matter what we buy. I will probably wait for year 2 of the the new Android tablets, the cream will rise to the top. I want a 10 incher!

ivanlucrazy

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2008
I too wasn't aware that Sharp made computers. The title is funny though. Makes it feel like it's such a big deal. "In other news, Apple has decided to pull out of the mobile phone market" . Now that would be surprising. :)

aracheb

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2008
They made Well made laptop, generally rugged type, but very well made..
top quality..
i have 1 at home got it from conedison when i was there as a contractor..

N.Broekhuijsen

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2009
[citation][nom]ivanlucrazy[/nom].... "In other news, Apple has decided to pull out of the mobile phone market" . Now that would be surprising.[/citation]Would make so many people happy, and cause so many suicides....

Anyways never knew sharp made PC's, but I do like the idea of more and more android tablets, although I still don't see the point of these tablets... maybe in a couple of years when it has developed a bit more

G

I wonder if Google will enter the desktop market and make a GOOD OS, instead of us putting up with this crap from MSFT like Vista (and it's rebranded 7), Apple's junk OS's that can't run a number of games, and Linux.

I hope Android comes in and allows for use of programs native to Windows and Mac OS X, in a good OS environment.

N.Broekhuijsen

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2009
I wonder if Google will enter the desktop market and make a GOOD OS, instead of us putting up with this crap from MSFT like Vista (and it's rebranded 7), Apple's junk OS's that can't run a number of games, and Linux.

I hope Android comes in and allows for use of programs native to Windows and Mac OS X, in a good OS environment.
You are either really naive and stupid, or trolling... either way not helpful :pfff:

figgus

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2010
[citation][nom]xbeater[/nom]You are either really naive and stupid, or trolling... either way not helpful[/citation]
I guess he's never heard of DirectX.

Status
Not open for further replies.