Sharp Aquos Error Light Meaning

electro_neanderthal

Respectable
Jan 22, 2018
I have a Sharp Aquos TV that is giving me an error message: I want to know what that message means. Unfortunately, Sharp defers me to a repair shop full of crooks that started spewing how "complicated" reading blinking lights are, while trying to get me to spend $350 plus labour. So, I'd really appreciate someone telling me what the official error message here is.

Model No. LC-52LE700UN

This is a diagram, to show exactly when the lights blink.

Error lights:

Time | Power Light | OPC Light
1 | on | on
2 | on | off
3 | off | off
4 | off | off

And then it repeats indefinitely.

I'd appreciate it if someone could tell me what this is. I'm just looking for a what boards the issue involves; the rest I can do on my own.

I found *a* manual, but it literally gives two pages saying the exact same error code is used for two completely different error codes. So it's not exactly cut and dry, but if you want to make a go at this, go ahead: https://www.manualslib.com/manual/1019942/Sharp-Lc-32le700un.html?page=70#manual

electro_neanderthal

Respectable
Jan 22, 2018

Thanks for the response, unfortunately it "Does not ship to Canada." Oh well, I was planning to find the faulty component to see if it wasn't a capacitor, diode, fuse, or something like that (I just needed to know which board I was gonna have to test). So based on your answer, am I correct to assume that error code specifically deals with the main board?

electro_neanderthal

Respectable
Jan 22, 2018
As it turns out I just needed to step back and get some sleep, I can now understand the manual; the error is: "DET_15V (34pin) error (L). UR13V is not applied.If error is detected during operation, error standby is activated by polling."

TRENDING THREADS