Sharp Intros IGZO 32-inch 4K2K (3840 x 2160) Display

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Awesome but let me know when they make a PC display with this res and I'll bite. Since it will be about 10 years before you see any 4K res tv broadcast. Look how long it took to get 1080p broadcast to standard and still there are alot of 720p sources now. This is only for those with money to burn and wants bragging rights. I bet most people wouldnt even know what 4K even is if asked. The dumb masses, the same ones tha re-elected Obama, that group.

chrisjust98

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2010
[citation][nom]soldier2013[/nom]Awesome but let me know when they make a PC display with this res and I'll bite. Since it will be about 10 years before you see any 4K res tv broadcast. Look how long it took to get 1080p broadcast to standard and still there are alot of 720p sources now. This is only for those with money to burn and wants bragging rights. I bet most people wouldnt even know what 4K even is if asked. The dumb masses, the same ones tha re-elected Obama, that group.[/citation]

You do realize that this IS a PC monitor..... right?

[citation][nom]soldier2013[/nom]Awesome but let me know when they make a PC display with this res and I'll bite. Since it will be about 10 years before you see any 4K res tv broadcast. Look how long it took to get 1080p broadcast to standard and still there are alot of 720p sources now....[/citation]
1080p broadcast to standard, you mean youtube? HD television broadcasting is 1080i at the moment.

I think when he says, "make a pc display with this res and I'll bite" lets assume he means a really fast pc monitor with low latency. I'm not gonna go study this thing, no point for some months, and I didn't see any latency #s, gtg, btb, or whatever....

G

I stand corrected it is a PC display. My bad. But its first gen and too expensive, I'll wait a year or 2.

bavman

Distinguished
May 19, 2010
[citation][nom]soldier2013[/nom]Awesome but let me know when they make a PC display with this res and I'll bite. Since it will be about 10 years before you see any 4K res tv broadcast. Look how long it took to get 1080p broadcast to standard and still there are alot of 720p sources now. This is only for those with money to burn and wants bragging rights. I bet most people wouldnt even know what 4K even is if asked. The dumb masses, the same ones tha re-elected Obama, that group.[/citation]

Seriously dude? This is a tech site not your political rage playground

fuzzion

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2012
[citation][nom]aevm[/nom]3840 x 2160 at $5500 is not a great deal. I'll wait for the prices to drop a bit.Buy two 30" monitors, 2560x1600 each, you'll get the same number of pixels for half the money.[/citation]

But I hate the bezel lines seen in 2 separate monitors

flyflinger

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2008
I've been wondering when this day would come. It's been a good run with 2560x1600, frankly it lasted a lot longer than I thought it would.... I think my 30" monitor has out lasted 3 systems over 5 years.

wemakeourfuture

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2011
[citation][nom]aevm[/nom]3840 x 2160 at $5500 is not a great deal. I'll wait for the prices to drop a bit.Buy two 30" monitors, 2560x1600 each, you'll get the same number of pixels for half the money.[/citation]

Its not about getting the same number of pixels over N many monitors, its about hi-res, hi PPI displays.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
let the down votes rain in on me for what i am about to say.

this is stupid.
that resolution, at that size, anyone who works in 3d programs or video editing would need to re size the ui, making the jump in dpi next to pointless.

"but everyhting is sharper and looks nicer"

im on a 24 inch 1920x1200 monitor, my head is less than 3 feet away, and with black and white text, even zoomed in what is it... 175% for this specific site to make reading at a distance easier, i don't notice jaggies in the text, THE MOST PREVALENT PLACE FOR IT. please go on, tell me why a 4 k monitor at 32 inches is better... tell me, i want to know. because as far as i know, 90-120dpi is a sweet spot for pc monitors, the standard ui is large enough, and allows most programs to run perfectly without scaling the ui.

you want a 4k monitor, than it needs to be about 48 inches to give you the same dpi that my current 24 inch has, and i know this for a fact, just making the dpi larger IS NOT what a professional environment needs or wants, what they want is more screen real estate, thats why its common to see 2 or 3 monitors at a workstation, with a scaled ui they would STILL NEED more than one monitor.

sure, ill give one area where this would be good for.

looking at the final product

lets say you just have this monitor for the preview in photoshop, or to see a full resolution video you are working on, but this will not be the monitor you do most if not all your work on because it would be stupid to use it for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.