[SOLVED] Sharp Monitor in the 19"-20" Range

smata67

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2008
I'm having problems finding a satisfactory monitor in this smaller size. I am using the Dell U2720 and would like something close to this in terms of sharpness/crispness/color. I tried the HP V20 HD+ and it is not going to work. I see the ViewSonic VA2055SA is listed with a better resolution (1920x1080), but I'm sure there is more to it than that and am suspicious it too will not be as sharp as I need. I'm thinking maybe there is an older monitor out there that will work for me. Any suggestions?

Solution
The best you find maybe 1080p or HD screen resolution. The smaller the screen, the lower the resolution for monitors as well as TVs. In business, their not a lot of all for these size monitor since 16” laptops and 12” tablets have pretty take over this small size segment. Maybe in high tech monitors for surgeons and research may offer them at higher screen resolutions but talking thousands of dollars a monitor.

Update: These smallish PC monitors are pretty cheap too. Go to Lenovo and look at them. Used monitors can be had for almost nothing!

Harry_Wild

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2012
The best you find maybe 1080p or HD screen resolution. The smaller the screen, the lower the resolution for monitors as well as TVs. In business, their not a lot of all for these size monitor since 16” laptops and 12” tablets have pretty take over this small size segment. Maybe in high tech monitors for surgeons and research may offer them at higher screen resolutions but talking thousands of dollars a monitor.

Update: These smallish PC monitors are pretty cheap too. Go to Lenovo and look at them. Used monitors can be had for almost nothing!

Last edited:
Solution