[SOLVED] Sharp TV loses picture and sound intermittently

Feb 19, 2020
40" Sharp TV, now 10 years old. Within an hour of being turned on, it loses the picture and sound. It seems to try and recover - 3 or 4 times about half a minute or more apart we see the network indicator flash up on the screen, accompanied by a burst of sound on the last occasion. Then the picture and sound is restored, as if nothing has happened. Then, an hour or maybe less later, it all happens again.
We've found a variety of suggestions online. Some are not helpful. Some don't work. The manufacturer has suggested we unplug it for 5 minutes.
Can this issue be easily fixed, or is it time for a new TV?

Solution
After 10 years that TV has seen enough sitcoms and soap-operas. A modern TV lifespan is theoretically 11 years so a 10 year old model with a higher power consumption would definitely be less since it heats up more slowly breaking away the PCB components and microchips. You could try to replace the main circuit board inside the TV but I'd be surprised if you could find a spare board after 10 years. And this is hoping that you're talking about an LCD/LED TV.
After 10 years that TV has seen enough sitcoms and soap-operas. A modern TV lifespan is theoretically 11 years so a 10 year old model with a higher power consumption would definitely be less since it heats up more slowly breaking away the PCB components and microchips. You could try to replace the main circuit board inside the TV but I'd be surprised if you could find a spare board after 10 years. And this is hoping that you're talking about an LCD/LED TV.

Solution
Feb 19, 2020
Yes, it's one of them. Thanks.