[SOLVED] She don't run like she used to! :(

WayneTech

Reputable
Feb 22, 2017
Hi guys,

I'm normally the guy running to answer the questions, I didn't see myself in this position but i am at a loss. Over the pass year I have noticed a significant decrease in performance, its hard to track when this started as its been a while back but regardless of my old girls age, she sure doesn't hit what she is meant to.

For example, I was completely unable to Cyberpunk at 60fps with everything on low, any cods have me capped at just about 60 with drops (all of these being 1080p might I add!), all frostbite engine games too see me just about at 60fps.
I can't track the fault, I have done all of the basic tests including defrag, scans and so fourth but I have no luck. Has anyone experienced anything similar?

my specs are:

Intel i7 4790K
GTX TITAN X (Maxwell)
2 x 4GB Vengeance
2 x 4GB Hyper X
MSI KRAIT Z97S
H100iGTX AIO

Speccy snip: https://ibb.co/2WZs32S

I appreciate she is an old system now, all these parts were from new but I know for certain that is still capable of much higher than the performance provided.

Thanks again

Solution
I'd reccomend you running a test/benchmark using OCCT, and upload the results - (just) maybe we can pick something obvious. Make sure the temperatures and voltages graphs (12V in particular) are included.