I have a typical problem while logging off from Windows XP. Each time, I
logoff there is a popup window with the header "ShellIconHiddenWindow"
and automatically disappears after a few seconds. Why is this? And how
do I prevent it from appearing again?

--
dr.nil
dr.nil's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=4402

dr.nil,
This has to do with MusicMatch Jukebox (a legitimate program)
processes
starting with Windows.

Go to Start>Run and type (without quotes) "msconfig" [enter]. This
brings up the System Configuration Utility. Look on the Startup tab
and
find all entries relating to MusicMatch. Uncheck the boxes next to the
names, Apply and OK out. You don't need to restart immediately, but
the
next time you do you'll get a dialog saying you've used the Utility.
Just tick the box that says in effect, "don't bother me about this
again".

This should stop everything to do with MusicMatch Jukebox from
starting
with Windows and you won't get the ShellIconHiddenWindow any more.

Information by Malke
Best,
Treeman

--
Treeman

Newer version of MusicMatch Jukebox available that has seemed to resolve the
issue with the white pixel and the shell icon crash...

shelliconhiddenwindow error at shutdown
http://64.91.226.241/showthread.php?t=65316

ShelllconHiddenWindow

That error message window seems to be caused by Musicmatch Jukebox.
You do not need MusicMatch running at startup. You can always start the apps
manually.

Remove these two entries...
C:\Program Files\MUSICMATCH\MUSICMATCH Jukebox\mm_tray.exe
C:\Program Files\MUSICMATCH\MUSICMATCH Jukebox\mimboot.exe

from...
---

mm_tray.exe is the tray bar process for MusicMatch Jukebox which organizes
and plays music media such as MP3s. It gives the user easy access to the
MusicMatch Jukebox application and settings. This is a non-essential
process.

mimboot.exe is a process associated with Musicmatch Jukebox. The process
makes sure that Musicmatch is launched when starting up the system.

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:dr.nil.1s8r62@DoNotSpam.com,
dr.nil <dr.nil.1s8r62@DoNotSpam.com> hunted and pecked:
> I have a typical problem while logging off from Windows XP. Each time, I
> logoff there is a popup window with the header "ShellIconHiddenWindow"
> and automatically disappears after a few seconds. Why is this? And how
> do I prevent it from appearing again?
>

> --
> dr.nil
> dr.nil's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=4402
> View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/showthread.php?t=325373
> Visit - http://forums.techarena.in/archive/index.php/f-129-p--p-171.html
> | http://forums.techarena.in/archive/index.php/f-129-p--p-170.html |
> http://forums.techarena.in/archive/index.php/f-129-p--p-169.html |
> http://forums.techarena.in/archive/index.php/f-129-p--p-168.html |
> http://forums.techarena.in/archive/index.php/f-129-p--p-167.html

[[You may not post replies
You may not post attachments]]

Wanna bet? As long as you are stealing posts from
microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize I can.

Guest Hah!

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes