Question Shell Infrastructure Host (sihhost.exe) using up upto 20-40% CPU while PC is Idle ?

nooblet0

Reputable
Apr 14, 2019
Title says it all really. This process(which as far as I can tell is genuine) is chugging up a ton of resources while seemingly doing nothing at all. Apparently its related to UI transparency but I don't even use a transparent theme. Any ideas as to how to get rid of this, it seems to impact performance quite a bit.
The issue is completely random and I first noticed it about a month ago. Its fairly infrequent and seems to go away with a restart(not the process itself but the high resource consumption) but I've been noticing it more frequently recently, hence the post.

qIHZZHt.png

Title says it all really. This process(which as far as I can tell is genuine) is chugging up a ton of resources while seemingly doing nothing at all. Apparently its related to UI transparency but I don't even use a transparent theme. Any ideas as to how to get rid of this, it seems to impact performance quite a bit.
The issue is completely random and I first noticed it about a month ago. Its fairly infrequent and seems to go away with a restart(not the process itself but the high resource consumption) but I've been noticing it more frequently recently, hence the post.

qIHZZHt.png
Some reading.

https://www.google.com/search?q=she...HgAgAE3iAE3kgEBMZgBAKABAqABAQ&sclient=gws-wiz