Question Shimmering textures on vegetation in games.

Sep 22, 2022
I've been having this issue for a few weeks now and i have tried most everything to fix it.

I've narrowed it down to being either the CPU or MOBO and please trust me i've tried extensively every fix possible for this problem, different gpus, monitors, driver version, replaced the psu

I'm at my wits end, my CPU doesn't particularly look damaged my Mobo how ever is quite dirty and needs a clean despite the rest of my internals being clean (weird) could my mobo be at fault for this graphical error? And if so could giving it a deep clean perhaps resolve it?

If there's any more information you need let me know i'll respond quickly PC speccs are in my signature

if you touched anisotrophic filtering in nvidia control panel settings, then you will need to delete/clear nvidia shader cache, so game shaders can be recompiled correctly

otherwise shimmering is due to low resolution, low antialiasing, too much image sharpening and low blur

low resolution/aliasing causes shimmer, can be hidden if you blur it, can be seen if you sharpen it

Last edited:
Reactions: Karadjgne
Sep 22, 2022
if you touched anisotrophic filtering in nvidia control panel settings, then you will need to delete/clear nvidia shader cache, so game shaders can be recompiled correctly

otherwise shimmering is due to low resolution, low antialiasing, too much image sharpening and low blur

low resolution/antialiasing causes shimmer, can be hidden if you blur it, can be seen if you sharpen it

At this point I have tried so many fixes of this variety and none of them have come to fruition. I've clean installed windows when this started happening and that did nothing and this is unlikely to be software or driver related. Also I swapped in a 4k monitor and these issues were still present, in some games it's shimmering on vegetation in others horizontal lines kind of form on objects. I've NEVER experienced this with my PC before I genuinely am going crazy keep praying some one can offer some advice here but meh

A while ago, I viewed a video on the differences using DLSS, FSR and native implementations. In one part, there was an example of shimmering in native vegetation. As I recall, it was just interesting, with no particular fix.
If anything, you will find any fix will involve driver updates and perhaps settings.

Sorry, I can't seem to find that particular video again.

Sep 22, 2022
you have same result then time to check gpu also made sure cpu dont have bent pins .
you have same result then time to check gpu also made sure cpu dont have bent pins .

GPU has been replaced with a couple to test it, it's not defective. CPU could be at fault or Mobo (I've done my due diligence to test everything else). I don't have a back up CPU which is why im trying to narrow it down to Mobo or CPU, the only two i haven't ruled out. I've already spent a good deal on replacing parts so kind of hoping i can get it right this time.

ALSO

For any one who is having this issue and has not solved it. For me it's come down to the CPU or Mobo.

Last edited: