Question Shimmering/Lines on objects. Really need help

Sep 22, 2022
Alright, i'm going on a month+ of this problem. I'm depressed at this point as i've just about built a new PC and still not come to the root of this i've genuinely never run into a PC problem I couldn't solve with google but here I am and it's frustrating.

I experience a shimmering when moving my camera on vegetation as well as lines some times forming on buildings/trees this makes just about every game visually awful to play

These are the things i've tried to fix it

Bios up to date
Drivers up to date
Have tried rolling back drivers
Have tried a million various different Nvidea control panel settings
Swapped out monitors to test problem on other display
Cleaned mobo (Properly)
Checked each ram pair to see if problem persists in both sets
Replaced PSU, GPU, Monitor and CPU.
Reinstalled windows
Used a different SSD with another installation of Windows.
Seated GPU in different slot
New HDMI cable

If any one can help I would really appreciate it. Speccs are in my signature.

Ryzen 7 2700x replaced with Ryzen 5600x

Last edited:

Ralston18

Titan
Specs from Signature (just as a matter of reference and convenience. Not everyone (including myself) enables signatures.

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 2700 Eight-Core Processor, 3600 Mhz, 8 Core(s), 16 Logical Processor(s)
BaseBoard Product PRIME X470-PRO
24gb ddr4 ballistix ram
Seagate 500gb SSD x2
Nvidea Geforce RTX 3070
PSU: Corsair Tx 750M

The first thing I noticed is that 24 GB RAM configuration. How is that installed: E.g.: Maybe two 8 GB Modules and two 4 GB modules?

Three 8 GB modules.? A 16 GB module + one 8 GB module? Are the modules from a matched set (kit) for dual channel use?

= = = =

This motherboard?

https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/SocketAM4/PRIME_X470-PRO/E13883_PRIME__X470-PRO_UM_WEB.pdf

[Do verify that I found the correct User Manual.]

Start by confirming that the installed RAM is supported by the mother board. Both RAM specs and physical configuration/installation.

See "Memory" on Page vii and be sure to, as recommended, to check the QVL(s).

Also per Pages 1-4 and 1-5 verify the supported installations.

Overall though you should start at the beginning of the User Manual and go page by page to double check everything. Make no immediate changes.

Just make notes accordingly. Then if deemed necessary make an appropriate/applicable change but change only one thing at a time.

And, as always should be being done, ensure that all important data is backed up at least 2 x to locations of of the problem PC. Confirm that the backups are recoverable and readable.