[SOLVED] Shipped computer and now it won't start

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 23, 2021
I moved across the country and had to ship my computer through USPS. Before that it was sitting in a closet for about 4 months. I got it today and once I plugged everything back in, it won't turn on. I have the asus tuf gaming x570-plus wifi motherboard. the RGB lights on the back of the motherboard are on but nothing is happening when I hit the button on the case. Thinking it was just the case I tried to jump the motherboard and that didn't work either. Any help would be appreciated. The rest of the computer parts are as listed:
ASUS TUF GAMING X570-PLUS WIFI
AMD AMD RYZEN 7 3700X WRAITHP
G.SKILL 32GB 2X16 D4 3200 RIPJAWS
SAMSUNG E 1TB 970EVO NVME M.2 SSD
MSI GTX1660TI GAMING X 6G
EVGA BQ 750W 80+B SM ATX
LIANLI 205 MT TG ATX CASE BLACK

jasonf2

Distinguished
There are unfortunately several components that don't ship well. In particular graphics cards installed in the pci header and big air cpu coolers should both be removed prior to shipping, especially when using any carrier. Even when moving them in personal vehicles I have had things happen in shipping that have ended up with broken pci headers on motherboards. I would reseat all of the pci cards and check the cpu header for physical damage. Sorry that you are having to go through this. Also depending on your hard drive I have had an unusually high failure rate of rust drives post move as well. Computers don't really like being shaken, and the workers in shipping companies are known to play football with packages.

Oct 23, 2021
There are unfortunately several components that don't ship well. In particular graphics cards installed in the pci header and big air cpu coolers should both be removed prior to shipping, especially when using any carrier. Even when moving them in personal vehicles I have had things happen in shipping that have ended up with broken pci headers on motherboards. I would reseat all of the pci cards and check the cpu header for physical damage. Sorry that you are having to go through this. Also depending on your hard drive I have had an unusually high failure rate of rust drives post move as well. Computers don't really like being shaken, and the workers in shipping companies are known to play football with packages.
Did not know that, I took everything apart, I'm going to get some air duster and some more thermal paste tomorrow and really clean it an put it all back together so hopefully that works. I'll keep y'all updated.

Status
Not open for further replies.