Shipped my tower, stuck in BIOS

JamesPeladeau

Reputable
Aug 10, 2015
I just receieved my tower. I plugged it in after 4h of being inside and everything went fine until the BIOS screen popped up.. I pressed on the saved settings that were on there and pressed on save and quit. It restarted my computer and sent me right back to BIOS?? What do you guys think is going on??

Solution

In that case shipping may have lossened some connections or damaged your boot drive. If its not showing in bios with all the cables connected then your probably going to need a new drive.

secolliyn

Distinguished
May 3, 2006
un-plug all the drives in the computer besides the one that has the OS (Windows/Linux ect) check the BIOS to make sure it's seeing the drive and it's in the boot order at the top if you can

if that still boots you to BIOS screen check to see if you see a large silver battery on the board and press it in to make sure it's seated (the BIOS battery)
feel free to replace it if you've had the computer for a while but keep in mind that will wipe out all settings and set to defaults but that should not be and issue as you know your settings right

JamesPeladeau

Reputable
Aug 10, 2015

In that case shipping may have lossened some connections or damaged your boot drive. If its not showing in bios with all the cables connected then your probably going to need a new drive.

Solution