shipping insurance and tracking?

brannsiu

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2013
Normally speaking is there any relationship between shipping insurance and tracking?

I bought something from Europe that ships overseas but the seller insists me to pay EUR 80 for something that is not very big, not very heavy and very not expensive.

Their explanation is that if there is no insurance, there is no tracking.

I understand tracking is an important part but I can take the risk of losing the cheap item in return for saving up the high insurance cost. However, is it true that if there is no insurance, there is no tracking?

Can someone ship out something with tracking but without insurance?

in the real world and with some ebay sellers. you see it with online free product is free put the shipping is out of site. some ebay sellers try make money on shipping ask for x amount then put the min insurance with tracking. with computer today you can from the us post office buy a shipping label that has tracking and insurance and send it to the seller to use. all you need is the size of the box and weight. with ups and fedx open your own account. then see if the cost from him to you is right or over charged. if it to much then use your new account to make a shippig lable for the seller and pay for the shipping yourself on your own account. with ebay be care full and dont go cheap. ebay wants you to use ups/fedx for there tracking info. (refund if the seller does not ship).

brannsiu

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2013

UnfortunatelyI am not in the United States nor shipping within United states. Your suggestion does not apply to me. But thanks for your answers