Question Shocked motherboard, questions

swanepoellukas5

Prominent
Jan 4, 2018
25
0
530
0
So I'll be honest, I'm a damn idiot. I was building a pc for my cousin with my old parts, and, to be honest it was a rushed, boched job. I forgot the IO shield, forgot the SATA cable. Guess what, last thing before I power on the pc, LAST. THING! I plug un the fan and shock something. I hoped it was the cooler, but I'm 90% sure it was the mobo. I then imediately turned it on to make sure it didn't break. It did. I kept trying to get the bios to pop up but nothing. Tell me, is anything else fried? Or just the thing I touched?
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Darkbreeze

Titan
Moderator
Just because there was a small static shock, if that is what it was, doesn't mean anything is fried. The kind of damage LIKELY to be done by that is minimal in most cases, if at all. Possible, yes, but unlikely. It is MORE likely that you have made a mistake somewhere else in the process.

I'd check everything here, twice or three times:



And if nothing turns up, then I'd follow this to try and find where you went wrong or what's up:

 

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS