Shogun 2 Radeon HD6950 performance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey community,

I was just wondering what the performance of Shogun 2 should be on my system (I got about 20fps). I thought it would have been higher, yet I know it is a very demanding game. Here are my system specs.

-Phenom II 965
-ASUS M4A785-M
-HIS Radeon 6950 2GB (reference)
-WD Caviar Black 500GB (x2)
-WD Caviar Black 1TB
-Ultra LSP 750w PSU
-Wintec AMP-X 800MHz RAM (4GB)
-Happague WinTV Tuner
-ASUS Optical Drive
-NZXT Vulcan

I know my motherboard and ram combo is really not the best, but its what I got.

Thanks,
-Gunner

Solution
To the OP:

Your computer is similar to mine - I play Shogun 2 and it plays very well on Ultra settings at a resolution of 1080p. I get around 34 fps when recording with fraps. (My Youtube channel is gumptionbrash if you're interested in seeing footage.) I get around 50 fps with it off. The only time that my rig will suffer is if I'm in a battle with 15,000 to 20,000 troops. (3v3, large unit size) You may get dips in fps if you are low to the ground, with charges of troops coming in and explosions everywhere.)

DM186

Splendid
I have Shogun 2 TW. When I OC my CPU leave my GPU setting on stock except the Memory I bump it up a little Like 2178 to 2415 I get about 30fps and that is with everthing set to ultra. When No OC on anything and everything set high would get about 20fps and when I would set settings to low plus no AA and all the check boxs not checked. I would get 16 to 25fps and in battle it would be 28 to 30 fps. And your system should run high fps.

I had a lot of problems at first with sgtw 2 but after a few patches and a lot of tinkering with my lousey Gtx 550 Ti's I finale was able to enjoy it.

DM186

Splendid

Wow that is good. When I get my fps up over 40 my temps start to climb up about 60 to 70C. That why I keep my Fps down to 30.

DM186

Splendid

Now when I play world in conflict. My fps run at 80 to 100. But my temps stay at 50C all the way through the game. And when I play Grand Ages of rome I have to turn my cands down to have any type of a good game. plus my temps are at 40C no matter what. This is what I get for buying these suckie cards.

Gumption

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2011
To the OP:

Your computer is similar to mine - I play Shogun 2 and it plays very well on Ultra settings at a resolution of 1080p. I get around 34 fps when recording with fraps. (My Youtube channel is gumptionbrash if you're interested in seeing footage.) I get around 50 fps with it off. The only time that my rig will suffer is if I'm in a battle with 15,000 to 20,000 troops. (3v3, large unit size) You may get dips in fps if you are low to the ground, with charges of troops coming in and explosions everywhere.)

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.